Quest for File Sharing Programs......

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
When did Limewire start charging for membership?? Some kind of stipulation to avoid lawsuits I'm guessing.Anyhow, I had it and havent used it in a few months then it wouldn't open when I needed to find something last night. Probably old news but SoulSeek has the exact same pay-per-view membership process on thier page as well. I'm not even sure if soulseek wil work on a mac...someone mentioned soulseekx but I can only find updates for it.SO, Can anyone suggest any other file sharing sites and programs for a Mac ( Bapt! Where ya at!?)Should I just break down and pay for one or the other??Which one is better, and am I able to use Soulseek on the mAc nowadays?Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    soulseek really is the best. www.slsknet.org

do a search on the forums about how to use it with a MAC. I know a lot of people that do, so it's possible.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    I able to use Soulseek on the mAc nowadays?

ssX

• lenskilenski 1 Post
    for a way less geeky soulseek experience, check solarseek

solarseek.sourceforge.net

worx fine here...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I able to use Soulseek on the mAc nowadays?

Yup, SSX is Soulseek for Mac.
    I have it, my name is : night avenger, I'm never online, really.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I've used everything since the late 90's (And even trading on old bbs boards back in the day). Newsgroups, slsk, fxp/ftp, Mirc/xdcc, etc etc etc. If ur looking for music, get on BT and on a private group (Oink) and it's more than enough. If you don't mind spending a few bucks a month, join a good newsgroup with a great retention time.

But as far as I'm concerned, BT is running things.

• bloodcellbloodcell 208 Posts
    how is bt running things?
    oink is a great idea, im picky about my kbp but its missing way too much.

to the person that was almost charged for soulseek, you went to the wrong addy, someone bought that domain after slsk gave it up, they have been ripping people off for quite sometime now.

the addy the person after your post gave is correct.
    there is no slsk for mac besides what was mentioned, i just bought a mac and was wondering how solarseek works? i dont want to go instaling this if it doesnt work well.

i will stick to my pc.

i would love to know

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    you went to the wrong addy, someone bought that domain after slsk gave it up, they have been ripping people off for quite sometime now.

That explains things a little better for me. I got kinda lost after the first three posts. I think my roomate can help me understand all that though. Anyhow, after just a little more deeper diggin' I'm trying to update my Limewire for the meantime. The service is very slow and never promised, but its better than nothing.

Thank you everyone once again. I heart soul strut. Have a great day.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    oh shit.. people were still using limewire???

if you're just switching from limewire to soulseek... you are about to enter a whole new world of actually finding the music you're looking for.