america's top model and idol

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
this show is so stupid but i can't stop watching it. i want kahlen to win because her favorite movie is Waiting for Guffman and she has never had a boyfriend. she is also kind of dorky sultry and cries when the bitchy models are yelling at each other...

for Idol I haven't decided if I want Bo or Vonzell to win yet.

i am just happy that Disneyfied Jim Morrison guy got voted off

speaking of which, look at all the hilariously bad photos of Constantine and how much they are going for on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfanoftheworld

there is a picture of him at the Star Wars premiere doing the hangloose sign to Darth Vader

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    it's all about naima.more than any other girl she has swept every 'contest' + repped for all the blaxican girls out there.plus she sports the mowhawk.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    it's all about naima

One of the most beautiful women I've ever seen that girl.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    That is the sadest thing I've ever seen on the bay...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I with Naima on this one...my girlfriend can't stand her though.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    naima is unique looking but i don't like her personality all too much. she seems kinda pretentious and phony.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    she seems kinda pretentious and phony.

Is this not the case with ALL models?

she seems kinda pretentious and phony.

Is this not the case with ALL models?

that surreal life broad seems pretty genuine. my roommate modeled for elite in chicago and she is pretty damn cool.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Naima all the way! Yeah I'm addicted to this show, I have to admit it. I may miss the opening dj tonight before Sharon Jones so I can catch the show.

• I may miss the opening dj tonight before Sharon Jones

the Portland show sold out last night. i recommend getting there early or getting an advance ticket unless you want to be one of fools standing outside waiting and waiting and waiting and not getting inside.

(like me)

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    this show is so stupid but i can't stop watching it. i want kahlen to win because her favorite movie is Waiting for Guffman and she has never had a boyfriend. she is also kind of dorky sultry and cries when the bitchy models are yelling at each other...

I am with you...Naima is too skinny/boyish and dull, and Kenya(is she still on?) has a crazy lantern jaw and is super annoying. Kahlen is the least bothersome of all of them, and actually is blank to her advantage.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    re: american idol
    i know this shit been covered but damn! anyone else buggin off the fact that most these cats cant sing? vonzel sp? can almost sing, a little auto tune in the studio she'll be j-lo in no time...
    it's fuckin unreal to me that people buy into this shit, cookie cutter platinum #'s out the box bs... it's a modern day star search hosted by 3 idiots...
    the fact william hung got a record deal shows what today is really about & it's sad... with the demise of 2" tape it's only gonna get increasingly worse, quantity not quality standards run shit & it's wack...

who the fuck is simon? that randy dude, is really out of his mind & yvette marine(oops i mean paula abdul) well nuff said... & ryan fuckin seacrest these are the 4 people telling general america whats dope... yall should be scurrd very scurrrd...
    they make $ cool, but to sacrifce your soul for it, i'd rather be broke...

ok hater rant over...

damn dude, i don't buy the albums but i watch it cause it's an entertaining spectacle to me.

and i tune to see how drunk Paula is

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    damn dude, i don't buy the albums but i watch it cause it's an entertaining spectacle to me.

and i tune to see how drunk Paula is

i know aint directed at you or the entertainment value of it i mean a good fatty & paula drunk & high or low on valium makes good times...

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    There is a sweet $0.50 J Records 12" of Fantasia w/ a bitchin Rodney Jerkins produced 120ish bpm drum line jump off on one side.

There is a sweet $0.50 J Records 12" of Fantasia w/ a bitchin Rodney Jerkins produced 120ish bpm drum line jump off on one side.

Is this the "Baby Mama" song? My wife would love it if anyone has a 12" of that track that they could send me. I on the other hand can live just fine without it.

THIS JUST IN:

this picture of Grosstantine is at $41 with 2 days left

this one is at $26

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Is it just me, or does Vonzell get better looking each week? She's like a hotter Kelly Rowland (without two much hotter women on either side stealin' her shine).

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    at new job stop can???t write too much stop had to weigh in on ANTM stop

sad to see Tiffany go stop
    rooting for Kalen now stop
    sexy nice smart tom-boy a-ok stop
    keenyah looks like catalogue model stop
    naima not versatile enough stop
    go kalen stop

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Is this the "Baby Mama" song? My wife would love it if anyone has a 12" of that track that they could send me. I on the other hand can live just fine without it.

It's that 12" but the good song (IMO) is the one on the flip which I described above, can't remember the name. That "Baby Mama" one is the same sample Kanye has used, for what I can't remember. If I see another (pretty unlikely, promos are raer as hens teeth around here) I'll cop for ya.

It's that 12" but the good song (IMO) is the one on the flip which I described above, can't remember the name. That "Baby Mama" one is the same sample Kanye has used, for what I can't remember. If I see another (pretty unlikely, promos are raer as hens teeth around here) I'll cop for ya.

Cool-don't break yer neck over it, but if you see it cheap...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    man, usually im all about antm. but this years crop was too skinny for me. and that kinda grosses me out. i mean, the show has all the promise of a perverts dream. but i just cant get with it. the only shining moments belong to dyra and her narcissism.

idol. dude, fat white luther wouldve killed it last week with the gamble and huff tribute. but, noooo. anyways, ive watched this year for the first time. and it didnt disapoint. i mean, you gotta go in with low expectations. im eagerly awaiting the "worst of" which by all accounts is usually the "best of" in disguise...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    man, usually im all about antm. but this years crop was too skinny for me. and that kinda grosses me out.

With you 100% on this... nearly every chick is the Kate Moss-type, and that does tend to gross me out... it wasn't even fair to put the one "plus" (aka regular) size girl in there in the first place

• man, that naima girl is d-u-m-b. i know she's a model and all, but every time she opens her mouth i just want to sock her in the eye.

she's totally going to win, though.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    nearly every chick is the Kate Moss-type

last season's had that big black girl. one of the main reasons why i was watching the show. she did that hilarious strut during a Greek (?) theme or something, and Tyra and the little judge with the glasses were the only ones cracking up.

sad to see Tiffany go

did you see that episode where scary tyra got all demon bitch on her? she looked so stupid. she probably still thinks she did a righteous thing scolding her like that.

p.s. i agree last year's was better and this year doesn't help girls with eating disorders. speaking of which nicole richie and lindsay hohan are so skeletor now.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    THIS JUST IN:

this picture of Grosstantine is at $41 with 2 days left

this one is at $26

The funniest part is it looks like he's saying "ebay".

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

sad to see Tiffany go

did you see that episode where scary tyra got all demon bitch on her? she looked so stupid. she probably still thinks she did a righteous thing scolding her like that.

yup - who gives a shit where she came from and how hard she had to work? right now she's some rich, sanitized host of a popular tv show who pulled a nutty power trip on someone who was obviously on the brink. tiffany looked scared half to death everytime they did anything social and who could blame her? she was the most genuine one and she didn't last because of it. i can't believe tyra gave her shit for not falling apart when she got cut...have you heard of defense mechanisms? cripes.

know who i love though? that crazy janice dickinson (sp?) judge. umm, lady...your crotch was showing on national tv!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

for Idol I haven't decided if I want Bo or Vonzell to win yet.

completely with you on that one.. but don't be surprised if the country blonde takes it all. i'm not a country fan by any means but she's got some chops.

glad bo is still in it. dude rocks. my fiance is in love with vonzell's bubbly-ness as well as her voice.

but on the real, there will not be 3 black idols in a row.. the producers will see to that.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    First off, how excited am I for tonight???????

First off, Naima is the bomb! But I was kinda into drunken loudmouth Brittney and I was sad to see her go. I am not feeling Kahlen, but I DESPISE Keenya. She is mean and dumb as a rock. And what's what's no one being able to read? "Ma-ganta, Magnata?" MAGENTA, bitches! That's a fourth grade vocab word what the FUCK. It means pink, jesus.

Tyra is starting to look like a drag queen though, can you wear anymore black eye shadow? And can your hair get any bigger and redder?

and as much as I love this show, have any of these winners actually become "Top Models"? I don't think so. Reality show stars and occasional "cover girls" maybe, but I don't see Yoanna graces the pages of Vogue or anything.

hello alien head!

and I love how Nicole Richie has turned into skeletor and all the mags are like "She's so refined and classy now! Remember when she was fat and crazy? Yuck!"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    REAL TALK!