Otis Funkmeyer Live this Friday in NYC

Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
edited May 2005 in Announcements
Check out my deep funk and rare groove supergroup, Otis Funkmeyer! We'll be playing two sets of original soul-funk and covers of artists such as Lyn Collins, Linda Tillery, Barbara Howard, Betty Harris, Pearl Dowell, and more!Friday May 20THE BAGGOT INN82 W 3rd St (bet Sullivan & Thompson)Greenwich Village, NYC212-477-0622$58pm Otis Funkmeyer(2 sets)http://www.baggotinn.com/information.htmlLeslie Rochelle - VocalsSteven Hoffman - GuitarMike Kobrin - TrumpetAdam Shlahet - TrumpetTony Salva - SaxesDarren Lipper - BassChris Yetner - DrumsTony Morrone - Percussion*Special Guest - Mike Weitman - KeysSee you there!-Otis**Mark your calenders for this upcoming show:June 11 11pmCrash Mansion199 Bowery between Spring St. and Rivington Saturday Crash Mansion provides a large dancefloor, great sound, and a light show so this gig will be extra-fonky!http://crashmansion.com/

Comments

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    Do The Bump

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Do The Bump

Mr. Funkminister,
    Good to see you up in the anncmnts. Unfortunately we're preoccupied this evening, but I just wanted to say hi. What's up?

Miss you,
    Mr. ambou

Always good to see you, Bamboo.
    Hopefully you guys can make it out on June 11, that show will be buttah (and we're expected to bring more peeps there...). I'm juiced to play a show with our new bassist, he idolizes Paul Jackson. We're also debuting a new original song called "Why Are You Refusing My Love" which will be our first 45.

What else? My lady and I are headed to LA and San Diego over Memorial Day weekend for some beach, Disneyland, and overpriced records. We're celebrating our 1 year anniv. Awww...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Hopefully you guys can make it out on June 11, that show will be buttah (and we're expected to bring more peeps there...). I'm juiced to play a show with our new bassist, he idolizes Paul Jackson. We're also debuting a new original song called "Why Are You Refusing My Love" which will be our first 45.

What else? My lady and I are headed to LA and San Diego over Memorial Day weekend for some beach, Disneyland, and overpriced records. We're celebrating our 1 year anniv. Awww...

Have Vic Take some flicks!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

Forgive my short-term memory, is Leslie Rochelle the same woman that debuted with the Lyn Collins cover? If so, and she's still with you guys, that's fantastic. 45? When can we buy them?

June 11 sounds good? When is deepstank's dj party for the COCINANDO latinraers? So many powermovers I can't keep track of my dates anymore...

You need to meet Tsega when you're in LAnniversarAngeles. He's on a fieldtrip right now, but he should see this thread this evening.

Forgive my short-term memory, is Leslie Rochelle the same woman that debuted with the Lyn Collins cover? If so, and she's still with you guys, that's fantastic. 45? When can we buy them?

June 11 sounds good? When is deepstank's dj party for the COCINANDO latinraers? So many powermovers I can't keep track of my dates anymore...

You need to meet Tsega when you're in LAnniversarAngeles. He's on a fieldtrip right now, but he should see this thread this evening.

Yes, she is the very same Leslie Rochelle you remember. I'm hoping the 45 will be out in the fall.

I haven't heard about DSF's party, but it sounds like a must-attend event...