Ghostface: "Fuck New York."

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Man this interview is crazy. NY radio DJs on blast, big upping LA. WTF... Playing devil???s advocate, do you think it???s because New York is jealous it lost the hip-hop crown? Ghostface Killah: New York lost the crown because the New York deejays gave the crown away for some fucking money. New York be bullshitting. [/b] Right now, I say fuck New York. Yeah, I???m from New York, but fuck New York. Because niggas is pussy. They is so quick to jump on the next man???s dick and can???t even deal with what they got in front of they face. That???s why I respect other states, man. New York, I don???t know -- for some reason we started to get really soft. And now we act like we want that real hip-hop back, when our fucking deejays is only programmed to play what they playing. They playing more other people???s shit than our own shit. Niggas is screaming that real hip-hop -- we trying to bring it back but we can???t even play that real hip-hop on the radio. I knew New York was wack when they shot my man Amadou Diallo forty-one fucking times and ain???t nobody stand up. But if that shit happen in L.A. somewhere, they would have went to bat for Amadou Diallo.[/b] It would have been hell. Stores getting burnt the fuck up. New York don???t stand for nothing. They say if you don???t stand for something you will fall for anything. But we mad at ourselves and can???t even get our shit right. When you look at them other niggas??? videos, they popping off and having fun in there. We can???t even have fun amongst each other in New York. That???s why I say fuck New York. That???s real talk coming from Ghostface Killah.[/b]

Comments

• Medium_DudeMedium_Dude 153 Posts
    He's not saying anything new or shocking or surprising. I'm just kinda surprised it's coming from him...
    But the man speaks truths.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

But the man speaks truths.

word. now i love fishscale again!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I knew New York was wack when they shot my man Amadou Diallo forty-one fucking times and ain???t nobody stand up. But if that shit happen in L.A. somewhere, they would have went to bat for Amadou Diallo.[/b] It would have been hell. Stores getting burnt the fuck up. New York don???t stand for nothing. They say if you don???t stand for something you will fall for anything.

f'real...man that song Ghost wrote in honor of Mr. Diallo was so fucking inspirational. Oh wait...

this actually sounds like he just heard about Amadou Diallo last week.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

to be fair, I think Ghost might have been locked up at the time of the shooting & when the subsequent protests / NY tabloid media frenzy happened.

1999 is getting to be a long time ago...

---

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Payola does seem to be a big problem up there, but its not like there's been many NYC rap records to play on the radio anyway?!?

Ghost is sounding pretty asshurt these days, he had a whole page rant in the new XXL... he didn't even make his one damn club song for the radio this album like he traditionally does, WTF does he expect?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

to be fair, I think Ghost might have been locked up at the time of the shooting & when the subsequent protests / NY tabloid media frenzy happened.

1999 is getting to be a long time ago...

---

yeah possibly...just seems like a weird topic to suddenly bring up in 2006.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Payola does seem to be a big problem up there, but its not like there's been many NYC rap records to play on the radio anyway?!?

I am not an injdustry insider, but I suspect payola is actually what keeps New York records on the radio at all--it's not like anybody wants to hear crap like Li'l Kim, which Hot 97 subjects us too constantly.

If you were to remove the money and politics, you might hear even more Southern rap on NY radio--I know it's what I mostly hear these days around Harlem.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    it's not like anybody wants to hear crap like Li'l Kim

but that was a 5 mic classic!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Man...Source jokes never get old.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Li'l Kim is so bad--so corny and so tired--that I actually feel embarassed when I hear her new music on the radio.

Like I have walked in on an old person with their clothes off or something.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Like I have walked in on an old person with their clothes off or something.

Even in a jail jumpsuit, she's still a bad bitch though!

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    Like I have walked in on an old person with their clothes off or something

"damn, faux, can't you knock?"

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

what's a radio?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Like I have walked in on an old person with their clothes off or something

"damn, faux, can't you knock?"

can we all stop pretending that this is what lil kim actually looks like?