Tech support!!!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I just had a new 250gb hard drive installed since my 80gb was completely filled up. I'm up & running (obviously) but my computer doesn't recognize my old hard drive. My friend who installed it bounced to Mexico and won't be back until Tuesday. I noticed that the old one was not connected, so I turned off the computer, unplugged it, connected that little ribbon-type thingy with the little prongs to the old hard drive and turned the computer back on. It still doesn't recognize it, though.PLAESE TO HELP!!!!Do I have to fix something in the settings? My cousin said something about BIOS (?). Is this an easy fix?Herm

Comments

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    On PC? Is it still set to "primary"? If so you need to switch it over to slave.

This is pretty helpful

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    I just had a new 250gb hard drive installed since my 80gb was completely
    PLAESE TO HELP!!!!

Do I have to fix something in the settings? My cousin said something about BIOS (?). Is this an easy fix?

Herm

First.. define easy. Just kidding mayne, a new HDD can be real tricky.

You said you are up and running but you can't see the old drive.. did you install Windoze on the new drive?? Cuz if not, then your old drive IS recognized right?
    OR you have a third drive you didn't mention.

If you don't get it going you can PM me, tech support is in my blood. However if you are on a mack, I'm hanging up.. PRANK CALLER PRANK CALLER