eBay "Pick-Ups"

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
All of you sellers, what is your policy on having people come by and pick records up in person?From: *********lauren Hey Reynaldo, Is it cool to pick albums up in person to avoid paying shipping. I live in stockton? Where did you score all the old UOP vinyl? Did they sell off their collection when their station folded?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    All of you sellers, what is your policy on having people come by and pick records up in person?

Hey Reynaldo,
    Is it cool to pick albums up in person to avoid paying shipping. I live in stockton? Where did you score all the old UOP vinyl? Did they sell off their collection when their station folded?

I like the quizzical note in "I live in Stockton?" as if to suggest that he could be anything a thowed young e-baller wants him to be.

Pick ups, indeed.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    All of you sellers, what is your policy on having people come by and pick records up in person?

Hey Reynaldo,
    Is it cool to pick albums up in person to avoid paying shipping. I live in stockton? Where did you score all the old UOP vinyl? Did they sell off their collection when their station folded?

I like the quizzical note in "I live in Stockton?" as if to suggest that he could be anything a thowed young e-baller wants him to be.

Pick ups, indeed.

faux you are killing it right about now

I usually meet 'em half way if it's within a 10 mile radius or something

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Hey Reynaldo,

If Lauren is a female ask for a photo...that might help you decide??

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's a she actually, but yeah.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What did she win? Tell her if she sends you a pic and you think she's hot that you'll throw in something extra. Do the meet-up thing.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    The future: chloroform action and all Reynaldo's records stolen

What did she win? Tell her if she sends you a pic and you think she's hot that you'll throw in something extra. Do the meet up thing.
    She hasn't won yet; she???s eyeing some rock records but it seems like she wants to secure a meet-up before she bids.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Have her do the person to person thang, if she drags her feet, say I gotta ship it. That'll probably inspire her to not drag her feet anymore.
    My graemlin in the house! Yes!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    sounds like this thread should be called eBay "hook-ups"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Tell her you live with your Mom....that always impresses women!!

Just ask George Costanza

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Have her do the person to person thang, if she drags her feet, say I gotta ship it. That'll probably inspire her to not drag her feet anymore.

Like I told Fatback when he won an auction I put up:

"FUCK YOU NO EXCEPTIONS PRIORITY MAIL ONLY"

Like I told Fatback when he won an auction I put up:

"FUCK YOU NO EXCEPTIONS PRIORITY MAIL ONLY"

May I ask what happened next?

Fatback always responds well to a confrontational approach...

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    secure a meat-up

Rey, really now.

secure a meat-up

Rey, really now.

she???s eyeing some rocks

You're full of surprises, Rey--I wouldn't have guessed tight jeans were your aesthetic at all.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    all these SF cats and no one knows what's up this weekend???? No one's got jawns to sell??? Things are looking crazy I'm even gonna be in Stockton....

• All of you sellers, what is your policy on having people come by and pick records up in person?

Hey Reynaldo,

Pick ups, indeed.
    i swear, everytime i read your posts i picture the voice of "niles" from Frasier.

• anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
    I DONT LET FOLLS OVER TO MY CRIB.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Hey Reynaldo,

Pick ups, indeed.
    i swear, everytime i read your posts i picture the voice of "niles" from Frasier.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    bizarrely, i had 3 people in a row who no-showed (and subsequently ignored further communication) after saying they wanted to pick up a record in person. thus, no more "pick-ups" from randoms.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Pick ups, indeed.

ROTFL

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    bizarrely, i had 3 people in a row who no-showed (and subsequently ignored further communication) after saying they wanted to pick up a record in person. thus, no more "pick-ups" from randoms.

Yes - this seems to be a tactic of people who want to
    stiff you...I had some kid win a raer Flaming Lips CD and
    dick me around for weeks saying he was coming to get it,
    making plans and not showing. He never did pay for or
    receive it. The time I spent waiting for him was much worse
    than the one trip to the P.O. to mail it would have been.