Fried Chicken in LA

AserAser 2,351 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
the contenders......tell me which one you prefer?Roscoe's - the old hiphop standbyMaurice Snack and Chat to goFlossie'sDinah's Fried ChickenAunt Kizzy's Back Porch - step in the marinaStevie's On The Strip - I heard it closed recently?Pann'sI'm looking at you shig, gimme the scaggs' worthy lowdown. I'll be there in a few weeks to CHOMP away.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Is Aunt Kizzy's a Post-Roots moniker?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    sup ase man!

well, i dont know if id be much help since ive only been to like 4 on that list. and some of them places, its been a while since i been to.

roscoe's - im kinda with the roscoes. its alright. but not the best.

maurice - never been. but this sounds like the real thing. im betting on maurice.

flossies - i know not. but its in torrance. and those look like can veggies. im already not a fan.

dinah's - its been a while since i been but i seem to remember them making delicious fried chicken and pie. the one i went to was/is in inglewood right close to the 405. id have to say this is the best out of the one's ive had.

aunt kizzy's - though this looks the best in pictures, im staying away. its in marina del rey. which isnt really a hot bed of soul food restaurants. but i bet $25 can get you a decent chicken leg.

stevie's - just drove past. they are closed. but it looks like theyre remodeling. but i could be wrong. when we drove by i saw a baby blue stretch caddy limo in the parking lot. that was awesome.

pann's - im not a fan. i think pann's is mid-level diner food. but its an old googie and that's worht the visit.

hope that helps aser!

• Kickin Chicken on Washington and block west of La Brea is nice as fuck. Pretty ghetto though (bulletproof glass & a phone that the bill hasn't ben paid on for nearly 8 months)

but the chicken is definitly worth getting

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

i'm lovin this thread!

one day i'm gonna fly to US and try all those fried chicken.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    dude, I used to love the cafe de coral fried chicken throwback when I was a yougin in hk. God knows how much msg was on it, but it was mmm mmm good.

so yes more chompin, salarymen in torrance better watch oot. I'm also invading your laaamen spots.

shinsengumi
    santoka @ mitsuwa
    daikoku

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Roscoe's - the old hiphop standby

been too greasy lately

seen it...never ate it

i aint heard of that

Glendale Chicken ?

.. .but..just needs a little more grease ..........

THE CHICKEN STRIPS !!!!