Song I.D. ??? Early 90's R&B #1 Hit Wonder

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
For days Ive had this song in my head. I cant remember the artist probably from around 91-92. In the same vein as Lisa S. " been around the world'' I remember the video, black girl, corn rows, black and white video...just her dancing around a lot...the hook is something like...''La di di La di Dow.... la di di la di da''For some reason the flintstones come to mind!? Maybe yabba something?? The data base in my head is coming up empty. Anyone know what the hell Im talk about here?? Thanks

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    For days Ive had this song in my head. I cant remember the artist probably from around 91-92. In the same vein as Lisa S. " been around the world'' I remember the video, black girl, corn rows, black and white video...just her dancing around a lot...the hook is something like...

''La di di La di Dow.... la di di la di da''

For some reason the flintstones come to mind!? Maybe yabba something?? The data base in my head is coming up empty. Anyone know what the hell Im talk about here?? Thanks

She's Homeless - Crystal Waters

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the living color skit on this song was classic!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    YABBA DABBA DI YABBA DABBA DOO

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    LOL! Thats classic. Its all coming together now, the flintstones connection makes so much more sense now. I had some word / visual association going on there and my wires were crossed. Thanks guys.
    Happy Sunday.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    TI sampled it on his new album..

DAMMIT I knew I recognized that schitt from somewhere!!! That sample was killin' me. "Why you wanna go and do that love hey hey"... y'all southern rap dudes feelin' the Crystal Waters sample?

TI sampled it on his new album..

DAMMIT I knew I recognized that schitt from somewhere!!! That sample was killin' me. "Why you wanna go and do that love hey hey"... y'all southern rap dudes feelin' the Crystal Waters sample?

Im feelin' it. Infact I just checked a T.I. single I got earlier this week in the mail and sure enough Why I Wanna it was! Now it's really coming together. No wonder that Crystal Waters song had been stuck in my head all week.

What is the term for Subconscious Break/Sample Recoginition???

I knew what the song was, but I didnt know who it was, I knew I had heard it..but I thought it had been 15 years or so. I didnt know why it was stuck in my head, couldnt figure out the Flintstones connection...next time this happens I will know where to reference it to.

Awesome...( note to self..check stack of recently reviewed material )

Well I found the Video on YouTube. I could probably upload the T.I. joint tomorrow if anyone wants to hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjoe-rK62Q4&search=crystal%20waters

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    goddamn. Crystal Waters had the WORST voice.

I think we need a "How you get a deal?!?" graemlin.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

Another case of the Syreeta syndrome, I think.

Wasn't she the record company's secretary.

LOL! This comes to mind

or this: