Planet of the Apes???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Has anyone sampled PLANET OF THE APES.Most of the classic sci-fi joints have been used, but I dont recall anyone using any of the APE movies. Did Lynch Mob reference it on Guerillas In The Mist? I would think after all these yrs, someone would have.WTF.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Yes. Some UNKLE/Lavelle offshoot with Nigo & the Scratch Perverts called "Ape Shall Not Kill Ape" and maybe "March of the General" aswell. While Charlton Heston is running loose in Apetown, creeping around the museum with stuffed people, just before the famous decleration "Get your hands off me you dirty stinking ape", the music has some horn stabs and 'kooky' xylophone stuff. Plus when they're out in the forbidden zone looking at the crusified Xs, that was sampled by another MoWax artist for a song that appears on the first headz comp... can't remmeber which one off-hand though.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

"Get your hands off me "

• HabitualHabitual 12 Posts
    Jedi Mind Tricks sampled the movie for their Intro on Violent By Design..."Beware of the beast man for he is the devils pawn......"

I fliped a sample too...not that it matters LOL
    www.myspace.com/darkmattercrew "Revolution"

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Jedi Mind Tricks sampled the movie for their Intro on Violent By Design..."Beware of the beast man for he is the devils pawn......"

I fliped a sample too...not that it matters LOL
    www.myspace.com/darkmattercrew "Revolution"

oh shit!!! i used that on a halloween mix i did a couple years ago. thats from "beneath the planet of the apes" stk, which has a dope cover and a lot of lil snippitable things.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Make that MoWax song numero 3 (or is it 4). Palmskin Productions "The Beast", 1995-ish. "Beware the beast man, for he is the devils pawn, alone among gods..."

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Yes. Some UNKLE/Lavelle offshoot with Nigo & the Scratch Perverts called "Ape Shall Not Kill Ape" and maybe "March of the General" aswell. While Charlton Heston is running loose in Apetown, creeping around the museum with stuffed people, just before the famous decleration "Get your hands off me you dirty stinking ape", the music has some horn stabs and 'kooky' xylophone stuff. Plus when they're out in the forbidden zone looking at the crusified Xs, that was sampled by another MoWax artist for a song that appears on the first headz comp... can't remmeber which one off-hand though.

Yup!
    ASNKA is the only one with the POTA sounds, taken from the POTA soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith, which I think was very ahead of its time. The song is part of the UNKLE trilogy (a pre-dj shadow unkle incarnation project). The trilogy was originally released as a limited 3 vinyl box with all three records in one box, I think there was a 3 CD box, too. If you have the CD box for sale/trade, please holler at me!

UNKLE - Ape Shall Never Kill Ape
    Label: Toy's Factory
    Catalog#: TFCK-87939
    Format: CD5"
    Released: 21 Feb 1998
    Genre: Hip Hop
    Style:
    Credits: Featuring - Nigo , Scratch Perverts
    Notes: First in a series of three of UNKLE singles found exclusively on Toys Factory. This one features Nigo and the Scratch Perverts (Tony Vegas).
    Rating: 4.0/5 (7 votes) Rate It
    Submitted by: nfit
    Tracklisting:
    1 Ape Shall Never Kill Ape (Original) (6:58)
    2 Ape Shall Never Kill Ape (Twin Tower Mix) (7:31)
    Remix - Shinco
    3 Ape Shall Never Kill Ape (Natural Calamity Remix) (4:32)
    Remix - Natural Calamity
    4 Ape Shall Never Kill Ape (A Bridge on the Ape Remix) (5:26)
    Remix - LaB LIFe
    5 Ape Shall Never Kill Ape (Soldier Ape Mix) (4:00)
    Remix - Keigo Oyamada

==========

The other title is:

Palm Skin Productions - The Beast / Trousers I Never Wore
    Label: Mo Wax
    Catalog#: MW 029
    Format: 12"
    Released: 1994
    Genre: Electronic
    Style: Downtempo
    Notes: Written and produced by Simon Richmond for Palm Skin Productions

Keyboard, percussion, programming and scratches by
    Simon Richmond

Cello: Gay-Yee Westerhoff

A side engineered by Peter Firth at Fishco studios
    B side engineered by J.C. Contacto at Matrix Studios

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Fun fact: Nigo of Bathing Ape is one of if not the foremost POTA collector in the world.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Paris did it for his song "The Devil Made Me Do It"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ive never seen a full episode of the TV show.....anyone????

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    dont know about the tv show, but im pretty hyped for the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes to come out. ill be there opneing night. #teamceasar

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yeah ill be checkin Dawn(even if Rise was mediocre)....but i am sick of Gary Oldman. He's in fuckin' everything.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Habitual said:
    I fliped a sample too

This needs to become slang.

"Dude! He fliped that shit!"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    This song kinda kills it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    dont know about the tv show, but im pretty hyped for the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes to come out. ill be there opneing night. #teamceasar

The new commercial for it is wild, I'mma see that shit.