A better wedding request list.

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Now this is more like it folls:
We would like our first dance to be At Last by Etta James. If you find several versions by her, the basic studio version is what we like. As a back-up, we could do the Sunday???s version of Wild Horses, though At last is definitely our first choice and is mercifully short. Nobody is on the DO NOT TAKE REQUEST FROM THIS PERSON list, though we are definitely not into the chicken dance, electric slide, Macarena or any other such painful ???music???. To reiterate our tastes: Funk and SoulOld school country ??? Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Patsy ClineStandards ??? Peggy Lee, Frank, Dino, Satch, Tony BennettDisco is fine by us80???s is fine too as long as it is not all marchy, difficult to dance to stuffI dislike Drum and Bass but like breaks and beats ??? as long as a good melody or hook is attached to the groove, I think it is fine, but think tribal or trance is not appropriate for this crowd.There will need to be about an hour or so of dinner music. Our own music collection ranges from Johnny Cash to Radiohead to Thievery Corp., Gomez, Bob Dylan, etc. ,etc., etc. I would just spare any harder edge or breakbeat stuff ???til later (if at all) and just gauge the crowd that is still hanging in there. I know our parents and their friends probably won???t jive with House music. Like I said at the outset, we are confidently placing ourselves in your capable hands.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I keep hoping you're going to get one from M**** and get all excited

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I keep hoping you're going to get one from M**** and get all excited

Posting a wedding request list on a board where the bride's sister's bf is a regular poster =

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    At Last by Etta James

That would be my request for my divorce party

Our own music collection ranges from Johnny Cash to Radiohead to Thievery Corp., Gomez, Bob Dylan, etc. ,etc., etc.

SAD BASTARDS ALERT

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    oh snap! the sundays!!!!!!!!