CHUCK MANGIONE INVADES SELLERSVILLE!

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
AND IT FEELS SO GOOD! BEST FLUGLEHORN PLAYER, EVAR!

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!

BEST FLUGLEHORN PLAYER, EVAR!

fuck the passing of the years

• I've always thought he looked a little too attached to his fluglehorn on this cover.

real men get romantic with glockenspiels

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I've always thought he looked a little too attached to his fluglehorn on this cover.

you obviously have never had your flugelhorn stolen

• I've always thought he looked a little too attached to his fluglehorn on this cover.

you obviously have never had your flugelhorn stolen

you already killed guzzo, now you want to jinx me into losing my flugelhorn

what more do you want?

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Who else comes through the Sellersville theatre? i hear stuff here and there on the radio. Have you been to any shows there? Its not all that far from me and pretty close to my girlfriend's place.

The Colonial Theatre down the street from me started doing shows a little over a year ago i beleive...Dr John was here 2 weeks ago, Leon Redbone, Richie Havens. Real small in that regard. They had a live band play to Nosferatu around Halloween...its no Deerhoof, but i take what i can get over here.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yo get him to sign that raer one with the hill where the lord hides braek, doesn't that go for $30? You could then flip it for $80+ hommie!!!!

Dude ask him if his bro Gap has any extra sealed copies of his Diana in the Autumn wind LP. Yo those go for peanuts now so just have him them them to CA for me. Thanks dood you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

what more do you want?

I want someone to explain why Chuck isn't enjoying his life anymore. Look at his face, it's like "30 years and I'm still holding this stupid flugelhorn for this stupid picture".

SAD

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Sellersville Theater is right down the hill from me.

It seems to attract alot of washed-up has beens from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and even 90s.... with the occasional modern day jam bands.

Tickets are pricey but the sound system is nice (though rarely ever cranked for optimum concert enjoyment).

Acts I've seen there: Big Brother & the Holding Company, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe, Shawn Colvin, and some no name blues group.

Acts that I've missed: Richie Havens, Don McClean, Lisa Loeb, Ambrosia, Howard Jones, Gin Blossoms, Ten Years After, Al Kooper, you get my drift.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    don't front on "Land of Make Believe".

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Acts that I've missed: Richie Havens, Don McClean, Lisa Loeb, Ambrosia, Howard Jones, Gin Blossoms, Ten Years After, Al Kooper, you get my drift.

YOU SLEPT!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

YOU SLEPT!

EMBED SRC="http://midistudio.com/Studios/C-Rada/feelgood.mid" AUTOSTART="True" HIDDEN="True" LOOP= "True">
    /EMBED>

Not bad... for SELLERSVILLE!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Sounds basically like what i've got going on over here. i omitted Get The Led Out, the Led Zeppelin Experience but if you're spliing washed up beans i might as well too.

To quote my girl when we were in Tower the other day...upon seeing 'Lisa Loeb's Greatest Hits':

"Lisa Loeb has great hits?"

This comes from the same girl who told me this morning, "I gotta go, i need to scoop my brains up from off the floor."

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    I saw Chuck at a gymnasium at SUNY Binghamton. He looked pretty drunk and pulled the "Welcome to... um... where are we?" - not going for a laugh, just honestly not knowing. I think he drooled on stage.

Before he played "Feels so good" he said "This song put my kids thru college"

Gotta love "Children of Sanchez".

I can't believe he's still has that hat.