What SoulStrut must look like to outsiders

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Thought I'd drop in on the ModCulture forum to see what it's like and got this completely NRR thread:http://www.modculture.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9823WTF?I guess it's their equivalent to our "JOLLIBEEEYATCH!!!!!!!!1" and "Predators on Dateline Alert!" threads.So post your own finds of NRR-threads from other boards or you're soft.

Comments

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    From the woxy.com modern rock board...

http://www.woxy.com/boards/showthread.php?t=37806

Titled, "I'm So Freaked Out My Toenails are Falling Out"

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    From the woxy.com modern rock board...

http://www.woxy.com/boards/showthread.php?t=37806

Titled, "I'm So Freaked Out My Toenails are Falling Out"

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Thought I'd drop in on the ModCulture forum to see what it's like and got this completely NRR thread:

http://www.modculture.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9823

WTF?

I guess it's their equivalent to our "JOLLIBEEEYATCH!!!!!!!!1" and "Predators on Dateline Alert!" threads.

Where is the questioning of other's buscuit experiences? Why no asshurt accusations? Amateurs.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i've heard that some folks like their tea made with tepid water.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Thought I'd drop in on the ModCulture forum to see what it's like and got this completely NRR thread:

http://www.modculture.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9823

WTF?

I guess it's their equivalent to our "JOLLIBEEEYATCH!!!!!!!!1" and "Predators on Dateline Alert!" threads.

So post your own finds of NRR-threads from other boards or you're soft.

any board that talks about jaffa cakes is a board for me

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Agreed. That thread is some seriously Next Level shite.

Worst dunking biscuit: the bourbon - leaves minging poo like goo in the bottom of the mug

Amazing! If I could say that in a proper Northerner accent, I'd be set for life with the ladies.

• http://www.modculture.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9823

that shit just blew my mind

• Rob_SevierRob_Sevier 150 Posts
    I have met a British dude who spent a lot of time waxing philosophical about some biscuits. I'm still not certain I know what they talk about when they talk about biscuits, however. They're like dense crackers, right? Maybe a little bit sweeter?

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    That's what SoulStrut looks like to *me* a lot of the time and I've been on here for over 3 years now.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I have met a British dude who spent a lot of time waxing philosophical about some biscuits. I'm still not certain I know what they talk about when they talk about biscuits, however. They're like dense crackers, right? Maybe a little bit sweeter?
    Yeah bro, dense, sweet crackers, sometimes with chocolate. I guess Oreos would be termed a weaksauce type of biscuit..... I wanna start a biscuit thread on Soulstrut, maybe Biscuitstrut?? Could be an eye opener. Probably wouldn't be a 5 pager though (unless I called it Crackerstrut on some faux racial epiphet buzz).

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Yeah bro, dense, sweet crackers, sometimes with chocolate. I guess Oreos would be termed a weaksauce type of biscuit.....
    I wanna start a biscuit thread on Soulstrut, maybe Biscuitstrut?? Could be an eye opener. Probably wouldn't be a 5 pager though (unless I called it Crackerstrut on some faux racial epiphet buzz).

Choc Wheatons + Milo = Crazy delicious.

Whatchu know about Arnotts family assorted?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Soulstrut to outsiders looks a little like this:

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    Soulstrut is more like a game of sticky biscuit, where only Guzzo and Faux Rilz are playing.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yeah bro, dense, sweet crackers, sometimes with chocolate. I guess Oreos would be termed a weaksauce type of biscuit.....
    I wanna start a biscuit thread on Soulstrut, maybe Biscuitstrut?? Could be an eye opener. Probably wouldn't be a 5 pager though (unless I called it Crackerstrut on some faux racial epiphet buzz).

Yes, Oreos are pretty much what we over here would call a biscuit.
    The Jaffa Cake on the other hand, is not a biscuit. It is, in fact, a CAKE.
    Hence the name jaffa CAKE.
    Although it does look like, and is referred to as a biscuit. But for tax purposes it is a cake.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Hey, I remember this room from one of the "post a pic of your records" threads. Karlito? Karlophone? K something???

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Man, biscuits are the bomb.

You need a good sturdy biscuit to dip in your cup of tea though.

Dont US peeps have McVities? They are the biscuit KINGS. Y'all better ask somebody.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Man biscuits are the bomb.

AYO!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Seriously though.. most average people in the UK have absolutely no idea that biscuit means something very different in the US.

You should check out the supermarkets here... there are sometimes an entire half an aisle stacked full of biscuits.... assorted biscuit selection tins and everything.

People love dipping biscuits in their tea.. but you gotta be quick cause otherwise you get a soggy biscuit and it breaks off into your tea and you have to fish it back out with a spoon.

these aren't considered biscuits are they?

but they're goooood!

but they're goooood!

That looks very much similar to the aforementioned Jaffa Cake.

but they're goooood!

That looks very much similar to the aforementioned Jaffa Cake.

ahhh...mmmmm...yummers.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Biscuits are great. I lived for a short while in the UK while my father was on sabbatical. There's no US analogue for them. They're kind of like nilla wafers or lady fingers, but not as sweet, at least the ones I'm used to.

these are (IMO) the absolute daddies of the biscuit world:

Sweet cruncy oat and syrup base with a healty spread of dark chocolate. Perfection!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Sweet cruncy oat and syrup base with a healty spread of dark chocolate. Perfection!

Digestives?

Digestives?

Nope, these are called Hob Nobs, which are more oaty and a whole lot better than your common or garden digestive (which are also good, but not really in the same league as the Hob Nob).

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Biscuits are great. I lived for a short while in the UK while my father was on sabbatical. There's no US analogue for them. They're kind of like nilla wafers or lady fingers, but not as sweet, at least the ones I'm used to.

aren't a lot of tea biscuits sort of like American shortbread cookies? i'm picturing the Girl Scout cookies shaped like the GS logo. sweet but substantial.

i'm also intrigued by "crisps." are those like chips (as in, potato chips, not fries) or more like crackers?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    What soulstrut must looklike to outsiders

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Thanks everyone. Thanks to this thread I'm signing off Soulstrut forever and hanging out at ModCulture from now on. Mostly because they don't have as much NRR biscuit chat as you lot seem to need. Plus I can learn more about cravats. Bye!

• Thanks everyone. Thanks to this thread I'm signing off Soulstrut forever and hanging out at ModCulture from now on. Mostly because they don't have as much NRR biscuit chat as you lot seem to need. Plus I can learn more about cravats. Bye!

hatter