Very Good+ (DGA-related)

SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Maybe I should take this shit to Popsike.com, but doesn't the price seem a bit high, esp. considering the item is in VG+ condition (DGA standards)?SG

Comments

• want to buy my Roy Ayers "Lots of Love" for the low low price of $125

its Very Good ++

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    is it THE FUNKY BLACK MAN FUNKY SOUL?

does it have NM-- Pony Smell?

SG

• does it have NM-- Pony Smell?

c'mon man you knw I don't get it unless it has that pony smell.

BTW I owe you a thank you for that Spinners LP. I picked up a copy last week and its a great soundtrack for a sunny blue sky day

Mtume/ Lucas rules!

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

Maybe I should take this shit to Popsike.com, but doesn't the price seem a bit high, esp. considering the item is in VG+ condition (DGA standards)?

SG

On a slightly different note....Every now and then I love to read those Dusty Groove reviews...they're really full of it. Every record is like the best thing they have ever heard. Check this one!

Orchester Pete Jacques -- Round Trip To Rio (reissue) . . . LP . . . $15.99 (Item: 403539)
    Sonorama (Germany), 1970 Condition: New Copy View Cart
    Breezy bossa from 60s Germany -- a classic sound library session by pianist Pete Jacques, filled with lightly dancing rhythms, crackling acoustic percussion, and lots of cool wordless vocal bits next to the instruments! The sound is very much in the best MPS Snowflakes mode -- a mixture of jazz and easy with just the right influences from Brazil -- all crafted together with magnificent sound and a timeless groove that's far less cheesy than some of the American albums of this type from the time! There's a really dynamic feel to Jacques orchestrations on the set -- an interweaving of the understated and baroque modes going down in Brazil at the time -- filtered through a German postwar ideal that imagines the sound with an even cleaner vision than the original! Titles include "Round Trip To Rio", "Sandwichman", "Blue Water", "Bossa Da Bahia", "Pretty Belinda", "Bright Shining Stars", "Fruit Vendor", and "Bacana". Reissue adds 3 bonus tracks too -- "Fata Morgana", "Easy Motion", and "Avenida Copacabana".

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    y'all clearly aren't REAL "groovers".

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    if this is groovin I ain't one of them

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Hm... its been ages since I ordered from DGA but in my experience, LPs and 12s they graded VG+ were at least VG+ and often damn near NM. 45s I've had problems with.

They seem to have set their prices in like 2000 and don't ever seem to change them... so some things which have cooled considerably since then are still high, whereas some things which have shot up since are still low