POPSIKE - DISCUSS

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
POPSIKE IS KILLING MY RECORD BUYING EXPERIENCE!

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Why can't these Turkish Terrorists destroy this site instead of the funk45forum?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You do know your front page is totally hacked too, right?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

this morning, yes. shouldn't be right now.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    best non-profit record auctions results site on the net. period.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

this morning, yes. shouldn't be right now.

Oh, ok, my bookmark was still bringing up a 404 ERROR page, but
    that must be because you fixed the hack - by typing it in
    and then changing the bookmark it now works fine.

You ever find out who hacked you? It was some nasty shit!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Popsike is invaluable. People using it as a price guide is kinda misguided though.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

I'm top ten.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    I got yer popsike right here

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm top ten.

The Magnetics??

bingo

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Reynaldo is currently adrift, like a rudderless boat--how will he know what records are good?

Reynaldo is currently adrift, like a rudderless boat--how will he know what records are good?

aren't you the one always repping for SoundScan???

---

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topalbums.asp

---

I've pointed to SoundScan numbers in exactly one context on this board: Young Phonics' claim that the Dangerdoom album was "much more relevant" than Bun B's.

oh yes, I remember seeing that pager rager - how did that turn out anyway?

Bun B's album went gold but, despite the ten extra copies that Young Phonics purchased with money borrowed from his mom in order to "prove a bully from the internet wrong," as well as the efforts of cartoon nerds worldwide, Dangerdoom failed to hit 100K.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

Bun B's album went gold but, despite the ten extra copies that Young Phonics purchased with money borrowed from his mom in order to "prove a bully from the internet wrong," as well as the efforts of cartoon nerds worldwide, Dangerdoom failed to hit 100K.

450k sold at Mom & Pops.....belee' dat.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

---

I don't want to be a killjoy but I found that many who post on the messageboards for major rappers are often quoting those soundcan numbers. Make of it what you wish.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Not that I have any stake in that particular argument, but aren't the numbers always going to be lopsided when comparing comercial music with underground music by way of soundscan?

• oh yes, I remember seeing that pager rager - how did that turn out anyway?

Not that I have any stake in that particular argument, but aren't the numbers always going to be lopsided when comparing comercial music with underground music by way of soundscan?

you can't be serious, you dare discount Danny's argument?

By the way Hillary Duff's greatest hits outsold Bun B's last album ensuring its place in the streets hall of fame

which one was underground & which was commercial again?

---

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Last I heard (about a month ago), Dangerdoom had done about 140k worldwide. I haven't seen anything official which confirms this, though.

• poopscrape

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

Bun B's album went gold

You think with all those sales he'd have enough money to go & get Rick Rock to make him a decent beat.

---

I'm wondering the same thing.

Last I heard (about a month ago), Dangerdoom had done about 140k worldwide. I haven't seen anything official which confirms this, though.

120K of which were in countries that do not matter.

---

I'm wondering the same thing.

from the amount of press inches Dangerdoom got, you'd think it was outselling fiddy cent.

---

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Bun B's album went gold

You think with all those sales he'd have enough money to go & get Rick Rock to make him a decent beat.

Thats the wrong sound, brohagon

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

Not to get back to the original topic or anything, but does anyone have a contact email for popsike? (besides the black hole one on the site).

I wanna know if they'd make the database available directly. I want Mobile Popsike for my pda. Since its not like they make money via the site, they wouldn't be against this right?

If they are....does anyone have any good ideas on how to download the information? I can write a program to parse the output of a search, and dump that into a local database. But getting popsike to output EVERYTHING with one search is difficult.

anyone?

-pj