Khan Jamal- drum dance to the motherland

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Any headz know the deal with this record? I can't imagine many copies were made. It almost appears to be like those Sun Ra lp's that you'd buy at his shows, handmade and all. Just curious if any ballers out there have it or any info on it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    it's definately around. i've seen it a coupla times.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Any headz know the deal with this record? I can't imagine many copies were made. It almost appears to be like those Sun Ra lp's that you'd buy at his shows, handmade and all. Just curious if any ballers out there have it or any info on it. Thanks in advance.

I've got one. I can make you a vinyl copy on my Vestax vinyl recorder

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Thanks for droppin all that knowledge hommies!

• beirutbeirut 14 Posts
    it's definately around. i've seen it a coupla times.

ain't all that great? i've never seen that shit either.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DIE,

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Jamal was a vibraphonist who played in philly. It's a little 80s for my taste and poorly recorded. Very traditional jazz sounding. I doubt it'd be of interest to anybody.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Is everybody being sarcastic or am I going crazy?

The record I'm speaking of is from the 70's and affiliated with the Creative Arts Ensemble.

I'm thinking theres a little demand for it since the copy on ebay right now is going for 150 bucks.

Or is there a record of the same title issued in the 80's?

Is this a record website or am I on one of those joke websites, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Is everybody being sarcastic or am I going crazy?

The record I'm speaking of is from the 70's and affiliated with the Creative Arts Ensemble.

I'm thinking theres a little demand for it since the copy on ebay right now is going for 150 bucks.

Or is there a record of the same title issued in the 80's?

Is this a record website or am I on one of those joke websites, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

There are always PLENTY of jokes on here hommie, like I have the Vestax vinyl cutter! JOKE! Lighten up and slow down on the crazy pills. I've never seen that record.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    this reckord is whaaack. i'd rather listen to "my boy's" grandma play green onions than this turd.

>

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    not my bag. but its pretty out there jazzy spaciness echoplexicon. yall some hoes