These new Gillette razors are off the chain

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I've had enough. Has anyone used one of these bitches? I think it might fit in with my push-mower and Victrola steez.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I think it might fit in with my push-mower and Victrola steez.

Never used one myself, but I do enjoy the occasional straight razor barbershop shave.

Get familiar.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    those "lubrication bands" are the worse marketing lie ever. Shit would make my razor skate through my face. Aloe vera my ass

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    My facial hair falls out just looking at that thing. Costco has these new Gilettes on the cheap, and I've been meaning to pick one up for the last couple weeks. I may be alone on this one, but I don't think the battle of oneupsmanship in the razor community is silly or unnecessary in the least. Anything that gives me even the slightest edge in hacking off this stubble is a godsend. Bring on the 6-blader already.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Never used one myself, but I do enjoy the occasional straight razor barbershop shave.

Get familiar.

Oh, I am. I go on Mondays.
    But, I need to shave daily and I can't justify $50 a week. So I want to learn to do it myself.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    http://www.classicshaving.com

I'm going to make the jump to a straight razor, I'm sick of this ridiculous multiblade bullshit and the cost of new blades is fucking retarded.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Before long, shaving is just going to be attaching one long band of razors to either ear, moving the thing a 1/4", and your done. The "Milla-Razor" by gillette.

Co-sign on the barber shop shave. Great feeling.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Get familiar.

I couldn't put my life in the hands of a barber. How do you do it?

Get familiar.

In my experience, only the black barber shops still do that.

So a lot of guys who are connected to the streets like to lean back, looking at a big Huey Newton poster, while a young black man puts a razor to their neck.

• I think it might fit in with my push-mower and Victrola steez.

Get familiar.

In my experience, only the black barber shops still do that. So a lot of guys who are connected to the streets like to lean back, looking at big Huey Newton poster, while a young black man puts a razor to their neck.

Pretty much any barber shop still uses a straight razor, right? And when I say barber shop..I mean a barber shop(no metro). White haired dudes, striped sign out front..all that good stuff.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    My barber has been using a straight razor to line me up recently, but I wouldn't want to use one on my face becuase I've had razor bumps in the past and never want to go through that again. Hell, I don't even let my barber line up my facial hair with clippers anymore! Every time that happens I walk out looking like a Black Hitler, with an uneven moustache.

until the shit grows back in.

a Black Hitler

Get familiar.

In my experience, only the black barber shops still do that.

I'd say it's more prevalent at Hispanic barbershops.

Like at Black barbershops it's an option--at the Hispanic barbershop it's damn near mandatory.

That's my experience in NY, at least.

And when I say barber shop..I mean a barber shop(no metro). White haired dudes, striped sign out front..all that good stuff.

Sayin'. Some of these dudes asking questions is going to the salon.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Hispanic barber shop takes good care of me. Straight razor edge up is the best. I wouldn't let anyone touch my face w/ one either though.

I dunno, the Mach3 deal still works fine for me. Going into hock just to get some refills is insanity though. What are them shits made out of, diamonds?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

I've had enough.

Has anyone used one of these bitches?

I was like yeah whatever when this came out, my lady bought me one and Oh Boy! The best razor ever besides the classic straight edge. It really does work and is very very smooth.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -