Ebay seller templates....

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I know this has been discussed a time or two before, but I am curious to who all here uses some sort of template in their ebay seller ads. For example..Raj has the Soulstrut template/logo shit when you look at one of his auctions. How exactly does this work..do you have to actually make the basic layout/template..and then place the image(pic of record for example) within it along with a detailed description for each individual item..or is there an easier way? If that is in fact the way to do it..it seems like it would take too much time having to edit it each time.and while we are at it..who has a fancy one to show off?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    PAGING asprin, rubbishvisual, beatdawg... umm compulsiverecord

I am in the process of making a new one.

who else has a fany template?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i've been using this template with relative success for at least four years now.

aleit template

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    You set up the code and images using HTML, upload the images to your web server once and paste the html in the description area after you've input the info for the individual items...so it doesn't really take any more time than doing a straight input of the info in the description area.

I've had this one for a while now.

• Options
    i've been using this template with relative success for at least four years now.

aleit template

I think Ted Ford had the copyright on that before you, A*i.

K.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    similar styles, but mine is unique to my personhood.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    unique eBay templates: a display of raw personhood?

• Options
    I see nowhere in that font that you're hard to trade with

K.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

aleit template

glad to see you got some nice scratch for that Sundown 45! Though I have had some problems with the person who won it from you.

• You set up the code and images using HTML, upload the images to your web server once and paste the html in the description area after you've input the info for the individual items...so it doesn't really take any more time than doing a straight input of the info in the description area.

I've had this one for a while now.

is the html for that pretty simple? So I just upload whatever pics of the items I will be using and then all I do is make a basic template or design with a blank space for the item picture..and a blank space for the text/details? Then insert the proper html into the description section?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    pretty much. You'll have to play with it to get the layout you like and the text formatting that pleases you but for the most part, images, CSS and Sound files are hosted else where, the html is pasted into the description box. One thing to keep in mind, make sure the full URL is being used for the remotely hosted items (i.e. pictures) etc.

t

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I see nowhere in that font that you're hard to trade with

K.

you got me buddy.

my joke about my lack of technological prowess- there was sarcasm there- did not call for irrelevant side comments.

• Options
    I'm tworry.

K.

• KrautbreaksKrautbreaks 276 Posts
    You set up the code and images using HTML, upload the images to your web server once and paste the html in the description area after you've input the info for the individual items...so it doesn't really take any more time than doing a straight input of the info in the description area.

You set up some excel table, do some program code to automatically create .htm
    files for the things you tagged in your table and have an easy going all the time.

Side effect : all the messie flair over your unsorted records may be gone by a simple sorting of your table !

"it??s not about your kit, it??s about how to use it"

!
    Seb