Spirit of Truth vs. Gene Scott

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    holy crap.

when he take's off the glasses, it's on.

those look like very expensive dentures.

"that's not cussin' - it's definition."

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    play them both at the same time!

i think i prefer Spirit of Truth's glazed-over eyes over Gene Scott's dead ones.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Spirit of Truth guy has got the ill catchphrases, but Mean Gene has got the live audience, which definitely carries some weight. plus homie is asking for money.
    and the cigar is

I'm going to have to go with Spirit of Truth. He has added so much joy to my life. he is the ultimate, all-time hot-

I'm going to have to go with Spirit of Truth

the part 2 in the other thread where he interpolates mass appeal really seals it up for me

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i use to watch scott in the 80's,
    he had a don imus on a cocaine/vodka binge thing going
    yelling at his crew & going off

my other faves where that power god team
    they would lift weights & pray, then break blocks of ice with their heads & fists & pray
    pretty far out

my other faves where that power god team
    they would lift weights & pray, then break blocks of ice with their heads & fists & pray

i saw those dudes live!... they came to my friend's church when i was about 12 or 13... i have to admit, besides the praying, their show was pretty fucking awesome

• GENE SCOTT

dude mutates ancient scripture into calculus (aka drops science) during the brief period of one program, then the frizzy hair lady always comes out and laces a heartfelt, crooning duet with him. Gene's mean and lean green harmony is a tad under-developed tho.

best thing on a 2:30 am with no cable splice, yahadada?