Red Clay cover

yesterdaysyesterdays 60 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
heres a cover i recorded of Red Clay (jack wilkins version)i just did it to get practice as far as recording techniques.i played all the parts even drums,but the drums sound like shit cause i only have one realllllly shitty mic and i havent been playing very long. so gimmme some feedback and advice on mixing,levels,etc. peace.http://download.yousendit.com/FFCB72771B12AC13

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    pretty hot IMO

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Nice job! Bell-banging drums, solid bass and the guitar tripping and rolling over itself...

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    stuff sounds real nice man, i really like that track too, nice cover

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I liked it, but think that the drums should be in the background a little more in the mix. I think it's cool how you interpolated the tune in your own way, much appreciated, nuff respect.
    Peace
    T.N.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I think it's great! Get me a better copy and I'll play it on the show.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    this is dope!!! Real cool to hear some live instrumentation on the board.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I liked it, but think that the drums should be in the background a little more in the mix. I think it's cool how you interpolated the tune in your own way, much appreciated, nuff respect.
    Peace
    T.N.

Love this tune.

But yer, the middle part around 1 min, when your solo begins, drop the drums a bit, put more of a focus on your guitar playing.
    Try and tidy up the part where you to bring it back in from the solo, it sounds a little rushed for a bar or two.
    But all thats just being hyper critical. nice stuff.

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts
    Really nice!

this is dope!!! Real cool to hear some live instrumentation on the board.