Worst club scene in a movie?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Hands down has to be "2 Fast 2 Furious". I remember them playing Run-DMC and thinking that whoever picked the music for those scenes was completely disconnected from the real club scene. Also remember the scenes looking fake as hell. People clearly dancing without music playing as it would be dubbed in later. The backroom torture scene looking like it was filmed in a room constructed of cardboard. Horrible lighting throughout.Best club scene was probably The 25th Hour.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Best club scene is a tie between The 25th Hour and Belly.[/b]

Bobbito was the music director for 25th Hour. Doubling up Cymande was .

Herm

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    basic instinct

michael douglas gettin his freak on with sharon stone to trance. UGH and he's wearing a v-neck sweater with no undershirt. can't get that digusting image out of my head after all these years

club scenes in movies usually make me cringe. city of god didn't though

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Don't forget the infamous scene in the spy thriller 45's And .45's, starring our very own Gr*g Belson as special agent Ian LeFunk. Here's the scene when he disguises himself as Travis Funkenshire, a mild-mannered Northern Soul dancefloor legend:

What's missing from this scene is when Belson does the London Twist all the way to the booth and attacks DJ Lee Fleetwood for playing bootleg Veep 45's.

Herm

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

What's missing from this scene is when Belson does the London Twist all the way to the booth and attacks DJ Lee Fleetwood for playing bootleg Veep 45's.

Herm

Laught-my-fucking-ass-off!

• aegisaegis 261 Posts

Best club scene was probably The 25th Hour.

Best I can think of. I wouldn't have guessed that Spike Lee would do it so right.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    since this has become a " best[/b] club scene in a movie" thread, here's some:

Juice was a silly movie with some terrible dialogue and situations. Totally overrated.

Another good film with some terrific club scenes was City of God.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Not a movie, but I remember some cop series like two years ago or something where they booked a club to get some drug dealer arrested and hired Biz Markie! as a Dj. Then they hired a crowd to just stand in front of the club to draw some attention to the club (does this actually happen in real life? I was thinking about it for a minute). Then finally, the club is open, and biz rocks "the choice is yours" on the decks, basically playin himself...oh, of course, the vicious drug dealer gets arrested...I was stunned to see all this...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Summer of Sam............Local Latin Experience

NIGHTHAWKS

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Scarface, talking vs background music = not realistic

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I can never look at that City of God poster without remembering how disappointed I was in the lack of that girl's ass in the movie. Otherwise a good movie, though.

Oh, and his one had some good club scenes...

(pasue)

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Blade, right? I still can't watch that shit.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The rave in Matrix 2 if that counts... sooooo awful!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    since this has become a " best[/b] club scene in a movie" thread, here's some:

You forgot your sarcasm tags.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Carlito's Way had a good scene too with Bobitto as the dj and he dropped Roy Ayers "Running Away".

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Last Days of Disco has the worst club action I remember seeing.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is a favorite for the use of subtitles over the very loud music.

• Tom Cruise & Javier Bardem in Collateral

..was a pretty good club scene

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

that was going to be my answer, too.

basic instinct

michael douglas gettin his freak on with sharon stone to trance. UGH and he's wearing a v-neck sweater with no undershirt[/b]. can't get that digusting image out of my head after all these years

lol - 1000% co-sign.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

basic instinct

michael douglas gettin his freak on with sharon stone to trance. UGH and he's wearing a v-neck sweater with no undershirt[/b]. can't get that digusting image out of my head after all these years

lol - 1000% co-sign.

Miss Bassie, Plz come with me. I have a question or two to ask you.[/b]

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is a favorite for the use of subtitles over the very loud music.

Good call. Only film I've seen which really illustrated how hard it is to talk over loud music. I have the worst hearing whenever there's background noise so talking in a club is almost impossible for me.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Made - the movie with Jon Favraeu and Vince Vaughn (sorta like Swingers part II), had a club scene where the dj was grandmaster flash and he dropped "Quality COntrol" by Jurassic 5, followed by the remix of tribe's "electric relaxation".

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

that was going to be my answer, too.

basic instinct

lol - 1000% co-sign.

Awww shit! THIS HAS BEEN A FAVORITE PASTIME/OBSESSION/HOBBY OF MINE FOR A FEW YEARS NOW, CLUB SCENES IN MOVIES ARE SO FUCKING BAD, AND THE BASIC INSTINCT (whoops, capslock) (in stinked) scene is the gold medallist so far.
    I fucking love club scenes, they can liven up the most boring clusterfuck of a movie like nothing else.

i also celebrate the bar scene, (Steven Seagal is the undisputed king of this scene) it always amazes me the amount of 80s metal throwbacks that hang out in bars, just waiting to get their collective asses whopped by 'hero'.

pisses me off that the bartender is always a pussy though.

fucking genius thread.

and yeah, i have to agree on 25th hour, it is the best so far, but far from perfect.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i liked the club scenes in Summer of Sam with Leguizamo/Sorvino and the gay club scene with Adrien Brody - cheesey/sexy

Beau Travail has good club scenes, the final scene is one of the greatest imo, but not in a typical way

if memory serves, there's a pretty good club scene in Stray Dog

Made - the movie with Jon Favraeu and Vince Vaughn (sorta like Swingers part II), had a club scene where the dj was grandmaster flash and he dropped "Quality COntrol" by Jurassic 5, followed by the remix of tribe's "electric relaxation".

Was that the film that had Puff Daddy in it? Terrible movie.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Was that the film that had Puff Daddy in it? Terrible movie.

Major cosign, that shit was fucking horrible.

And the Matrix 2 rave scene was trully the of bad club scenes.

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    Gotta love Heather Graham doing the Bus Stop in rollerskates to Machine Gun in Boogie Nights.