Blog-jacked - can I get a witness?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I don't suppose anyone out there knows anyone who works at blogger.com/google?This is kind of a stupid situation and those of you who could give a fuck about blogging or electronic intellectual property rights can go back to reading about the Vestax Vinyl Recorder or whatever...Among one of the 150091 blogs I started, I added a team partner to help write posts about six months into the life of the blog (this is NOT Poplicks.com by the way, just to clarify). I eventually gave this person - "M" - administrative access to the blog b/c I felt like she deserved it. Recently, M flipped the fuck out on some relatively minor shit (I changed the template of the blog without informing her) and in response, she used her admin access to de-authorize mine. (This is actually a really bad system on Blogger.com's part: promoting someone shouldn't give them the power to fire you, dig?)Her "explanation" is that since I was making changes without her permission, I might also, at some future point, just delete her account and therefore, she had to pre-emptively strike at me (very Bush-esque logic, no?). To make a longer story short, my site got hijacked and appeals to her better reason have been fruitless. I've tried contacting Blogger's support staff via email - on numerous occassions - and have gotten back nada (this has been going on for a week now).I was hoping to find a more direct route to someone at blogger who can help and since it seems as if there's someone on soul strut who knows anyone anywhere else, voila.PM me if you know of someone who might be able to help. In the grand scheme of things, this is definitely NOT a big fucking deal but to me, it's the principle of it. Fuck if all my work is going to get hijacked by a paranoid psycho.

Comments

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    That really sucks man. I like your blog. You should just pull a Tony Soprano, and have homie X offer to blow her tits all over the leather seats. Or maybe just ummm...

Yeah, I really have no good suggestions here.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I eventually gave this person - "M" - administrative access to the blog b/c I felt like she deserved it. Recently, M flipped the fuck out on some relatively minor shit (I changed the template of the blog without informing her) and in response, she used her admin access to de-authorize mine. (This is actually a really bad system on Blogger.com's part: promoting someone shouldn't give them the power to fire you, dig?)

I know this won't help you know, but they don't have graduated account levels? Most of the blog/cms software has one superuser and then variable account levels to which you can add access as needed.