ripping from vinyl to itunes - c??mo se lo hace?

johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
i've never learned how to do this and was hoping to make a summer 45 mix to hand out to some friends back home. reckon it's a relatively simple procedure since it seems like most everyone else knows how to do it. anyways, i got the turntable, the mixer, the small records, and the ibook - how's it work from there? (i tried searching for this but came up with no results, so if this has already been explained in another post, please point me to it. thanks.)

Comments

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    griffin imic.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    yeah, your gonna need a soundcard. like the griffin imic, or any number of other cards out there. this will allow you the audio in. next, you'll need a recording/editing program. i use live at home, pro tools at the studio. there are a bunch out there. you just need to figure out your budget. the more expensive sound cards are going to give you better analog to digital conversion.

check out a gear website like zzounds.com or musiciansfriend.com, you'll get an idea of whats out there. then try and find some place local to go test some out.

• who has the .mp3 upgrade for protools LE besides me?

is there an upgrade so you can encode at about 154 bps?

that is simply too low for my contemplated switch over to DILDO.

advice on helping me out would be very appreciated.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i got that. i export at 256 most of the time. i dont know about 154 though.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I also have an Ibook .. I grabbed up this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You can check it out at: http://www.tascam.com/Products/US-122.html

Its a USB device. It runs about $150 ... comes with Cubase LE software. Works well for me. It accepts 1/4" or mics as inputs. I usually run 1/4"s out of my mixer. If you just have RCA, you'd have to grab a couple of converters from Radio Shack.