the old south today..seems kinda fucked up

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I was downtown walkin around and readin' in the park...saw some brothers cleaning the pigeon shit off a statue of Jefferson Davis, thats kinda fucked up to me.

Comments

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    I was down in Richmond a few weeks ago and saw some rednecks cleaning off the Arthur Ashe statue. Balance, dude.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    I was down in Richmond a few weeks ago and saw some rednecks cleaning off the Arthur Ashe statue. Balance, dude.

Now if only some brothers would corner Trent Lott with some police dogs and wash him down with a fire hose. That'd be balance.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Now if only some brothers would corner Trent Lott with some police dogs and wash him down with a fire hose. That'd be balance.

That would be proper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be proper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And fun to watch!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    in shreveport, a confederate flag and statue sit directly in front of the district courthouse. kind of like a welcome to lynching in the courtroom. apparently shreveport was the capital of the confederacy at some point.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    When I lived in NC about 5 years ago, my wife and I went thru the eastern part of the state heading to the outer banks. We were off the main thoroughfare, and came upon a roadside billboard that stated "Support your ancestrial brotherhood" or some shit. Turns out it was a full on ad for the local KKK organization. yikes. wish i had my camera with me.

I get so tired of you yankee fucks absolving yourselves by saying, "Oh, I went through the South once and blah, blah, blah." You don't know shit.

For example, today there are more KKK groups in Michigan then there are in all the former secessionist states combined. So get off your high horse. This is an Amerikkkan problem.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    I get so tired of you yankee fucks absolving yourselves by saying, "Oh, I went through the South once and blah, blah, blah." You don't know shit.

For example, today there are more KKK groups in Michigan then there are in all the former secessionist states combined. So get off your high horse. This is an Amerikkkan problem.

Here here...the most racist state I know of: Oregon.

You're the fuck. I was born and bred in North Carolina. I now live in Los Angeles.

You're the fuck. I was born and bred in North Carolina. I now live in Los Angeles.

Bitch trick cracker! I'll barbecue your dick and deep fry your mama.

Fucking "North" Carolina? Whatver. NORTH = YANKEE.

Meet me in the_Mack vs DJ Shadow Thread.

Will that be a vinegar based "Carolina" barbecue, and will the "Mama" be served with hush puppies and sweet tea????

I'm so there.

YANKEE!

sweat tea is redundant.

unsweatened tea is raer.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    YANKEE!

sweat tea is redundant.

this is true... down here you ask for tea and its gonna be sweet.

any further north than VA they don't even have sweet tea - they'll point you in the direction of the sugar packets (and don't understand if you try to complain: "it's not the same"!)

YANKEE!

sweat tea is redundant.

Huh?!?!? Tell that to every sugar-coated Mayberry waitress I've encountered in 7 years of visiting my sister's family in NC and SC (the ones who look at me like I have lizards crawling out of my ears when I try to order rye toast...), who assail me with offers of more sweet tea at every meal.

YANKEE!

sweat tea is redundant.

unsweatened tea is raer.

Yo dude. I don't know where you're from, but I don't know anyone who drinks sweattea.

Sweet Tea is delicious.

YANKEE!

sweat tea is redundant.

unsweatened tea is raer.

Yo dude. I don't know where you're from, but I don't know anyone who drinks sweattea.

Sweet Tea is delicious.

zing. damn this was just getting good but I had to do some "work."

anyhow, L***Y, they ask you for sweet tea becuase they know you are a yankee.

YANKEE!

sweat tea is redundant.

unsweatened tea is raer.

Sweet Tea is delicious.

zing. damn this was just getting good but I had to do some "work."

anyhow, L***Y, they ask you for sweet tea becuase they know you are a yankee.

I shoulda known....it was the "rye toast" that gave me away. That and all the eye-rolling....

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I used to work with a woman in Austin named Heather Wiggins. She vacationed in New England one summer and would always, in her Texas drawl, ask for "iced tea." No one ever had it.

The last day they were there, she and her boyfriend were having lunch and they asked the waitress if they had iced tea. She said, "Sure, two glasses?" They were stoked.

Until the waitress brought them two glasses of Asti Spumante. Couldn't quite understand the drawl, I s'pose.

• I cant imagine drinking unsweetened tea. I never even knew it existed until I was a teenager.