Was gonna hunt, but (Gilberto / Jorge related)

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
i typed Gilberto Gil into Pandora and they are giving me some decent tunes..Jobim, Donato, Gilberto. But they have played two songs from a Gilberto Gil / Jorge Ben album called Gil E Jorge. I really like a tune called, "Taj Mahal". Anyone have info on this album?

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I like that album a lot. The sound on it is stripped down to bass, guitar, percussion and Gil and Jorge's vocals. The juxtaposition of their vocal styles is really interesting. The tracks are lengthy jam sessions so the two (especially Gil) really get to stretch out. If you like "Taj Mahal", you'll like the rest, methinks.

• The Gil E Jorge album got a LOT of spins around my house this fall...nice, stripped down sound. "Filhos de Gandhi," really blew my head off. The songs are long, but the feel of the album is great.

• my man sean from the brazilian beat crew just hipped me to the fact that
    rod stewart jacked "taj mahal" for "do ya think i'm sexy", and got sued by jorge ben
    who made him give all the proceeds to unicef.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

my man sean from the brazilian beat crew just hipped me to the fact that
    rod stewart jacked "taj mahal" for "do ya think i'm sexy", and got sued by jorge ben
    who made him give all the proceeds to unicef.

I respect that profoundly...fuck a rod stewart

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    i typed Gilberto Gil into Pandora and they are giving me some decent tunes..Jobim, Donato, Gilberto. But they have played two songs from a Gilberto Gil / Jorge Ben album called Gil E Jorge. I really like a tune called, "Taj Mahal". Anyone have info on this album?

You can listen to soundclips here

Peace

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    I am going to have to pick this up. Just wanted a little affirmation...

Unicef to def.