Da Backwudz

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Damn, these dudes got A LOT of samples. Did they really clear 'em all? (That Willy Wonka theme must've cost a grip!)So far my favorite is the intro track, "Welcome 2 Da Backwudz". Man I hope this is the next single.Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, I DIG THESE CATS.Herm [color:white]P.S. Don't tell Faux_Rillz, but they talk about their "flow" on this song. [/color]

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I like Willa Wonka and I like Da Backwudz. Fuck that "your chocolate's in my peanut butter" talk.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Not liking this at all...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Ha! This song is great! This is what "Hey Ya" should have sounded like. Is that the Delfonics?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I checked their site - Oh shit, they sample Outkast!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I haven't heard the song or anything, but on Tuesday night I was leaving work in downtown DC and their street team had hit the Golden Triangle area BIG TIME. There were 'Da Backwudz' bright yellow placards for at least 3 square blocks, 3 or 4 to a pole....on EVERY POLE or available space.I wish I woulda had my camera! I certainly did a "who the fuck are Da Backwudz?" in my mind!

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    "makin money countin hundreds" is the jam

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Not feelin' their two singles. That joint with the Jennifer Holiday loop was wack and that Willy Wonka shit is straight annoying!

• its all about the wonka video, I didn't like the song until I saw the it.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    So far my favorite is the intro track, "Welcome 2 Da Backwudz". Man I hope this is the next single.
    This joint is pretty nice. Someone must have said "Outkast is falling apart someone needs to pick up where they left off." ENTER DA BACKWUDZ. An ATL group that uses cuts... the first single aside, I'll be checking for these cats.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    This sounds a lot like The Big Brovaz "Nu Flow". God I used to hate that song.