Live at the Lighthouse

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
As many know, "The Lighthouse" is a legendary club in Hermosa Beach, CA. that many jazz artists/groups have performed at over the years. I'm trying to compile a list of all the jazz albums that were ever recorded at the lighthouse. I would appreciate if you guys could fill in the blanks. So far this is what I've got:*Ramsey Lewis - Hang on Ramsey '65*Cal Tjader - Plugs In '69*Richard "Groove" Holmes - Live at the Lighthouse (late 60's)*Cannonball Adderley - Live at the Lighthouse '60*Elvin Jones - Live at the Lighthouse '72*Lee Morgan - Live at the Lighthouse '70*Lee Morgan - Live at the Lighthouse '80*Grant Green - Live at the Lighthouse '72*Dick Watson Trio - Live at the Lighthouse '97*Phil Norman - Live at the Lighthouse '04*Three Sounds - Live at the Lighthouse '67*Modern Jazz Quartet - Live at the Lighthouse '67*Joe Henderson - Live at the Lighthouse '70*Charles Earland - Live at the Lighthouse '72*Jazz Crusaders - Live at the Lighthouse '62*Jazz Crusaders - Live at the Lighthouse '66*Jazz Crusaders - Live at the Lighthouse '68*Jazz Crusaders - Live at the Lighthouse '69

Comments

• Tommy Peltier's Jazz Corps 61-67

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Joe Gordon and Scott LaFaro 1958-60

• *Lee Morgan - Live at the Lighthouse '80
    [/b]

How did this happen? Lee Morgan was killed in 1972.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Howard Rumsey's Lighthouse Allstars.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    Shelly Manne and Shorty Rogers

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    *Lee Morgan - Live at the Lighthouse '80
    [/b]

How did this happen? Lee Morgan was killed in 1972.

Pretty sure this refers to when the extra performances from the 1970 shows were released for the first time on a bootleg or release of questionable sourcing, but would eventually make it's way onto the 3CD set that's available now.