NW Tour Recap:

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
PDX:day after...night owl record show:asprin boogie2plymatt magic, 2ply, morroco mole, and bell cityyour boy!mr. jeigh stays caked up.sayin.the dopest ethiopianVancouver:check this video clip of the trucks in Vancouver protesting gas prices:http://www.funkweapons.com/delay/canada/trucks.AVIsayin...dude's got that kick appeal.back to the crib.how van city gets down for REAL!!! Whistler:stuck around vancouver for a couple extra beatiful days:Noah, Chandel and me @ the Dungen show.Big gasface to Magic Jackson for going to Vegas. Chan in Seatown is that dude. thanks for telling me about the war room. i got on the list but never managed to go there. I ended up crashing in the lobby of some hotel downtown and convinced them i had already checked out and was waiting for the first airport shuttle. My camera's battery ran out, or i would have had some crazy photos from Seattle. I was sitting at the bus stop talking with this dude and he nonchantly took out a crack pipe, hit it, and passed it to me. i respectfully declined.my finds...

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

JEEPERS

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Delay

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    that homeless guy with the flourescent kicks is crackin me up!!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Delay, Thanks again for coming and rockin' it at XV. It was very nice meeting you and it was refreshing to hear some east coast flavor in the club. You had them jumping for sure! Your welcome back anytime. I hope you had fun on your trip.

What the hump is that warehouse about ? Thats in B.C.? Who said ever said there arent records up there, or no good diggin' probably just shit thier pants. The good thing about it is you only have to go to one spot...the bad thing is you have to pitch a tent.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Delay, hows that KENSINGTON MARKET on Westbound/Warner?
    Are you going to sell one or two records...

Bapt.

PS/ Hi Alice.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Delay, hows that KENSINGTON MARKET on Westbound/Warner?
    Are you going to sell one or two records...

Bapt.

PS/ Hi Alice.
    That record is great!! i'm keeping it, but a good portion of the other stuff is for sale. I've got a little sunday market thing here in BK so it's nice to get some heavy stock in the rotation.

Alice,
    You really hooked it up. Thanks again. it was great meeting you and the other staff at XV. i'll most definitely be back out. next time we'll have to do something more than selling records or lubricating crossfaders. maybe we can all head up to bc. holler

-t

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Looked like a great trip... when's the bay area tour huh?

Please to send Elias Rahban LP to me

DJ Ferrari

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    great photos! whats up tom?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    what's up that Silver Metre record? I pulled it once and remembered not feeling it. Great cover though and it's turning up in other people's finds recently.

• Welcome back foolio!!

Let me come through and listen to some of those recrods i've never seen before.

• THAT'S MY FUCKIN HOMIE RIGHT THERE!!!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

Some good shit came out of there when we first got in there years back. Dude is a weird o. Big surprise huh? I thought he didn't want people coming in there any longer? maybe he meant people that actually spend and buy big stacks of wax?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Nice pics delay,

I am happy you got some good weather in BC

CLEAR OUT YOUR PM'Z!!!! I gots some valuable info for you

• Sayin'

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    T**,

Glad to hear you got home safe and sound. Enjoy your credit from TSL. . Was Dungen any good? I thought about going to see them here but missed it.

DrInexpensiveEuroRaers

• hi t*m,

that trip looked if you make it to texas next time look me up.

if you're letting go of that woodland record i'd be interested.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    ok. pms cleared.

i'm keeping that one, cooley hands.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    PDX:

matt magic, 2ply, morroco mole, and bell city

ahhh shit! bell city looks like his brother gambit. daaaayyuum. i gotta catch up with that fool.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    How was the Whistler show? My roommate said he ran into you there.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    yeah i saw him there. fun stuff. good $$$ too.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    PDX:

matt magic, 2ply, morroco mole, and bell city

ahhh shit! bell city looks like his brother gambit. daaaayyuum. i gotta catch up with that fool.

Authenic,
    M*l*k got his phone cut off, again

Two months later, I finally read this thread. Peace to all of the strutters that I met in PDX/Seattle. I'm trying to get it in for the next show in October.

Delay, enjoy those disks. 2 out of 3 are OG's.

-Mike

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Mike,

You gotta come visit us up here in NYC some time soon. just let me know, and i'll clear off the louis futon. Thanks again for those disks, bruh. I'll put them to good use.

-tom

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Mike,

You gotta come visit us up here in NYC some time soon. just let me know, and i'll clear off the louis futon. Thanks again for those disks, bruh. I'll put them to good use.

-tom
    I'll let you know the next time I'm going home (Jersey). It's been damn near a year and I'm getting disconnected, so a trip up north is due!

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts

Some good shit came out of there when we first got in there years back. Dude is a weird o. Big surprise huh? I thought he didn't want people coming in there any longer? maybe he meant people that actually spend and buy big stacks of wax?

for real...
    i'm banned...
    fucker wants to "break my legs"
    hehehe...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

for real...
    i'm banned...
    hehehe...
    he was telling me about a local dj who was banned because he brought a bunch of friends and they stole from him.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

for real...
    i'm banned...
    hehehe...
    he was telling me about a local dj who was banned because he brought a bunch of friends and they stole from him.

Yeah that would be us. I have absolutely no idea why it is but I get bad treatment from dealers all over and some very good treatment too. Anthony Pearson do you have any stories? I'm sure u must deal with the same type of thing? U go into a spot drop $100's of dollars and buy stocks of records and they act all weird and pissed off and don't want u coming back and think your stealing? WTF?????????????

• Is that a SPECTORMAN records??!?!?!WOW

i loved watching that when i was younger!
    if i recall ...dunadunadunadunadunaduna spectorman dunadunaduna.

Goodfinds all around.
    Marco

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts

for real...
    i'm banned...
    hehehe...

Yeah that would be us. I have absolutely no idea why it is but I get bad treatment from dealers all over and some very good treatment too. Anthony Pearson do you have any stories? I'm sure u must deal with the same type of thing? U go into a spot drop $100's of dollars and buy stocks of records and they act all weird and pissed off and don't want u coming back and think your stealing? WTF?????????????

that was funny. app we "stole" a hollies record (and it wasn't "heels" if you know what i mean. more some teenie bopper sock hop capitol 6000 thing)...
    some homies of mine were in there in the last year miraculously, out of the piles of rubbish, found the "missing" record. my pals were like, "see? you should watch what you say." fucker was like, "well, they probably stole something else then. grumble, grumble..."
    another record nut job...

you should have seen the OG location. can you believe he moved all of that preme???
    we raped that shit...
    bong!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Big gasface to Magic Jackson for going to Vegas.
    man, looking back, i should have said fuck it and left the next day instead... that trip was weaksauce.