Ever Seen? (Pre-post Modern PR Work RR Related)

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Have you ever seen an album sleeve that has advertisements on it (no doubt to defray the cost of proudction). i got an odd Reggae-ish record from St. Martin at a garage sale over the weekend. The name of the group is Pearl's Band and its reggae with a guy singing in a sluggish, slowed down sounding voice. They produced the record themselves and there is no mention of a record label whatsoever. The top half of the sleeve's back side has ads for taxi services on St. Martin and stuff like that. At first i thought it was a concept thing, maybe the song titles were in there or somethiing, but no...this is like straight out of the Yellowpages advertisement style stuff. Pretty funny.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Have you ever seen an album sleeve that has advertisements on it (no doubt to defray the cost of proudction). i got an odd Reggae-ish record from St. Martin at a garage sale over the weekend. The name of the group is Pearl's Band and its reggae with a guy singing in a sluggish, slowed down sounding voice. They produced the record themselves and there is no mention of a record label whatsoever. The top half of the sleeve's back side has ads for taxi services on St. Martin and stuff like that. At first i thought it was a concept thing, maybe the song titles were in there or somethiing, but no...this is like straight out of the Yellowpages advertisement style stuff. Pretty funny.

Yeah, cruise ship band records and occasionally random island stuff... I've got a couple. It is funny.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

the ananda shankar album "2001" has a gatefold cover, and the entire inner part of the gatefold is an ad for dunlop tires.