Things to do in L.A. May 4th-8th ?

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I'm flying out to L.A. for the first time in about 15 years. I need some recommedations for things to do and record stores to check out. Maybe I'm asking a little bit early for suggestions but I thought I would at least try to get started on finding things to do. If anyone out there is interested in doing some record trading I might bring a bag of records out with me.-billb

Comments

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    There's a Dodger game next Friday.

After that you should head over to the firecracker in chinatown. Best party in L.A.

http://www.firecracker.mu/

FIRECRACKER LOUNGE:
    RHETTMATIC
    (BEAT JUNKIES / VISIONARIES)

IN THE JAZZ LOUNGE:
    DOMINGO SIETE

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    That looks like it might be fun. Thanks for the suggestion.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    After that you should head over to the firecracker in chinatown. Best party in L.A.

http://www.firecracker.mu/

FIRECRACKER LOUNGE:
    RHETTMATIC
    (BEAT JUNKIES / VISIONARIES)

IN THE JAZZ LOUNGE:
    DOMINGO SIETE

my homegirl's brother runs this. it is a really good night. and domingo siete is a pretty good band!

Firecracker and the rootdown are holdin it down for L.A.

That's about it though...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    anyone else notice how hilary duff looks completely different from a year ago?

anyone else notice how hilary duff looks completely different from a year ago?

new teeth.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    Now that it is closer to the 4th I thought I'd ask one last time. Anyone know of things to do in L.A. this weekend?

thanks

-billb

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    Firecracker and the rootdown are holdin it down for L.A.

hahaha... great picture. yeah, everytime you see that steve dude you know the situation is going to suck. or possibly you will be getting free drinks so it won't be that bad.

rootdown however is NOT holding it down. i wish it was... i went to that place and heard the "commercial hip hop equivalent" to a steve aoki set. kanye remixes, mashups, not one soul or funk tune or anything non commercial.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    Soul Position Tour feat. Rjd2
    when: Mon 5.8 (8:30pm)
    where: The Echo (1822 Sunset Blvd, Echo Park, 213.413.8200)
    price: $10

or check flavorpill to see what else may be going on that week...

http://beta.la.flavorpill.net/week

• Firecracker and the rootdown are holdin it down for L.A.

hahaha... great picture. yeah, everytime you see that steve dude you know the situation is going to suck. or possibly you will be getting free drinks so it won't be that bad.

rootdown however is NOT holding it down. i wish it was... i went to that place and heard the "commercial hip hop equivalent" to a steve aoki set. kanye remixes, mashups, not one soul or funk tune or anything non commercial.

yer crazy man. maybe it was the dj they had booked, but rootdown is and always will be a staple to LA.

This week is going to be diffferent. Since DJ Dusk who one is one of the residents died this past weekend, it will be a coming home of sorts for a lot of people. probably alot of folks celebrating, some tears, some laughs- the way dusk would want it. it wont exactly be what it usually is. peep star shoes on sat night. cut chemist, miles and egon.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    RIP DUSK

i think a friend of mine is coming into town for this.

on another note, if you feel up to it, there's always this...

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat...true#Post643849