Moviestrut - Silent Hill (NRR)

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I highly endorse this films whole collection. I loved and beat all 4 of the games, and I've just seen the movie again for the third time. Seriously, one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. If you've seen it and still don't get it, then that's the point. Silent hill is about questions. I need to get some sleep, I djed horribly today, but I watched Silent hill twice so fuck it. goodnight strut.- Doogie howser M.D.

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    it was actually good? I remeber the first game, and that was awesome.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    They made this movie for people that have played the games. In that respect, it's a very true adaptation of the games, which will turn off the average viewer. Then again, if you're looking for gore and aesthetic insanity with a hint of Lynchian open endedness there may be enough for you to latch onto to enjoy. Outside of these two parameters, though, I think most people will hate this movie.

Personally, I got everything I wanted from it

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Ive never played the game and saw the movie last nite. Dope effects and cinematography, and a cool story line. I like how they just get right down to business from the beginning of the movie. Theres some parts that drag, and I wouldnt rush to see it again, but it was much better than I expected. I was entertained.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The director of Silent Hill is a MAD soundtrack collector and crazy beat digger. Dude was like my best customer when I was living in Japan... he buys up all the raers. eBay sellers support this movie.

peace.

• I've just seen the movie again for the third time.

dude, it just came out on Friday.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yeah the music is nice in the movie.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I've just seen the movie again for the third time.

dude, it just came out on Friday.

Well the 2nd time we watched it, they never tore our tickets. So I just came back with the same tickets and watched it again. The funny part is, I just got a phone call from a friend who bought me 2 passes this morning. Can't turn down free.

- spidey

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I really enjoyed this movie. And I scurred me so I had to sleep on my friends couche (I live alone)

Only two real complaints. Some real wooden dialogue and the little girl was a terrible actress in the beginning (with her revolting "mommy why... mommy... mommy" that shit was annoying).

Other than that, recommended. A++++ Will see again.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    SHOULD i SEE THIS SHIT IF I DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE GAME?

whoa, sorry, caps lock.

the commercial is scary!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    SHOULD i SEE THIS SHIT IF I DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE GAME?
    I never played through the games (only played #2 for an hour or two). I think it helps to know the general idea and approach to the games (emphasis on story-line interpretation and atmospheric effects instead of boo-scary monsters).

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i was going to see it solely because it was filmed in my hometown (hamilton, ontario)

im not really a fan of horror but it seems like everything filmed in hamilton is some moody gory shit, so it kinda unavoidable