Artistes that ya used to hate, but now are feeling

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I remember having a "fiery" conversation with DCastillo via AIM years ago and we got into how "Roy Ayers BLOWS, DUDE!" and how the fuck can people feel his music on some "HE SAVED MY LIFE" schitt. Yeah "Everybody loves the sunshine" and "Welcome to Brooklyn" are something anybody with ears should love, but you know what I mean.I really didin't fully appreciate dude until I started hearing those BBE releases and those remix comps (namely #4) and damn, dude was kinda ahead of the curve.I'm bumping "Our time is now" of his "Feeling Good" LP. Straight heat...maybe i'm just mad late on it[/b] but dude has got some real truth slaps.Name some other artists that you hated now are on the dee-ock of.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I am surprised, Roy is definite kufi coochie magic.

I occasionally hate Terry Callier, and then turn around and love him.

I am waiting to like Eugene McDaniels but I don't think it's going to happen.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I didn't like Axelrod for a long time. Everytime I heard a song I just thought, what the fuck is this over orchestrated shit? Was he on drugs? Which turned out to be true. He eventually grew on me and I love the stuff now.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I remember having a "fiery" conversation with DCastillo via AIM years ago and we got into how "Roy Ayers BLOWS, DUDE!" and how the fuck can people feel his music on some "HE SAVED MY LIFE" schitt. Yeah "Everybody loves the sunshine" and "Welcome to Brooklyn" are something anybody with ears should love, but you know what I mean.

I remember that convo. I was having an out-of-body experience hovering over you guys nodding my head in agreement when it happened.

Nowadays Roy is ok with me.

Hell, at this point there's not too many artist I truly hate on anymore, or at least that I verbalize about openly. What comes off as hip angry young man-isms in your 20s comes off as crotchety old man-isms when you're in your 30s. Worst look.

"I'll let you young'uns fuck with that flammable can of 'What Do You Think of Hall & Oates?'"

What comes off as hip angry young man-isms in your 20s comes off as crotchety old man-isms when you're in your 30s.

Hahaha so true

So what do you think of Yes

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    What comes off as hip angry young man-isms in your 20s comes off as crotchety old man-isms when you're in your 30s.

Hahaha so true

Yes still sucks. But yet i find myself actually enjoying some stuff from their even cornier keyboard player.

Also, Big Generator is kind of the shit.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

1. NIGHT FLIGHT on USA Network was the bomb when I was kid, except when they were playing live Yes footage with Rick Wakeman trying to be a keyboard druid with wings.

2. 90125? Pretty good Trevor Horn album.

3. Vincent Gallo's inclusion of "Heart of the Sunrise" in BUFFALO 66 is the closest I've ever come to giving this band a pass.

Otherwise if you ask me now, April 22 2006, them dudes are a joke.

But ask me again in a couple of years to see if my collection runs from A-Y (Ayers to Yes).

I think I need a Mylatency ruling on whether or not "you wizard rock".