I may be going to Brazil

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
My work asked me if I wanted to go to Rio to help interview a witness. It would only be for 2 days, and its right in the middle of my reading week for finals, but I figure 18 hours on a plane is as good a place to study as any - and its free.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The population of Brazil rejoices.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Dude, just remember the louder you talk the better they will understand you. Have fun annoying people in another country.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The population of Brazil rejoices.

"Gimme your money and your watch Sabadabadabadab motherfucker!"

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Dude, just remember the louder you talk the better they will understand you. Have fun annoying people in another country.

Did you ever see that woody allen movie Bananas where they have the spanish translator when he arrives at the airport, and all he does is repeat what the people say in English in a really haeavy Spanish accent. "Hwe would like...to hwelcome choo ..."

• You gonna have time to look for records?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    You gonna have time to look for records?

Son, NO records in Brasil. Japanese cats bought em all up years ago!

Dude, just remember the louder you talk the better they will understand you.

And if they pretend not to understand you, just grab them by the shoulders and give them a good shake.

Ill have to liquidate some assets to get reckid money.

Did you ever see that woody allen movie Bananas where they have the spanish translator when he arrives at the airport, and all he does is repeat what the people say in English in a really haeavy Spanish accent. "Hwe would like...to hwelcome choo ..."

I have heard American torists do this many times. When I lived in Italy this guy at a table next to me was doing it to a waiter and the waiter comes out in a perfect American accent and says "just becuase you add a vowel doesn't mean you are speaking Italian."

I have heard American torists do this many times. When I lived in Italy this guy at a table next to me was doing it to a waiter and the waiter comes out in a perfect American accent and says "just becuase you add a vowel doesn't mean you are speaking Italian."

Whassa matta - you no lika my pizza!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    All I can say is beware of hot chicks that look like Jessica Alba, they are all dudes. Trust me.

Sadly, this is for real.

Dudes always trying to order some wings at the Chinese spot in my neighborhood in a "Chinese" accent.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

I've seen poeple get their wig split in Puerto Rico for doing fake spanish accents and the "don't you understand me burritto, taco, cerveza motherfucker" *crack goes the bat*

Unfortunately i probably wont even be there long enough to talk to anybody, and will likely be able to report back to you all what the inside of a conference room looks like in RIo.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I've seen poeple get their wig split in Puerto Rico for doing fake spanish accents and the "don't you understand me burritto, taco, cerveza motherfucker" *crack goes the bat*

I pray that this doesn't happen to Sabadababaka*.

*I keed, I keed.

Unfortunately i probably wont even be there long enough to talk to anybody, and will likely be able to report back to you all what the inside of a conference room looks like in RIo.

Just say you got robbed on the way back to the airport and missed your return flight. Tell them you have to file a police report and you need a replacement passport so it will be at least a week before you can get back to the office. Then you will have plenty of time to dig...

the alba look-a-like shemales.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Dudes always trying to order some wings at the Chinese spot in my neighborhood in a "Chinese" accent.

ah, a glimpse of faux's fabled 'local black experience'...

Hey guys - look at these great pictures from my trip to brazil.

wait - heres a really good one of the documents we were reviewing.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My work asked me if I wanted to go to Rio to help interview a witness

Guess you couldn't just stay in NYC and interview him via tele-conference......

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I like mixing up my accents based on sweeping generalizations...when I go to a Mexican restaurant I use a bad Italian accent, when ordering Chinese food, I use a bad Spanish accent...and when I order Italian food I use a bad Sean Connery accent.

• My work asked me if I wanted to go to Rio to help interview a witness. It would only be for 2 days, and its right in the middle of my reading week for finals, but I figure 18 hours on a plane is as good a place to study as any - and its free.

thanks for sharing this thread. it really has completed my day.

My work asked me if I wanted to go to Rio to help interview a witness. It would only be for 2 days, and its right in the middle of my reading week for finals, but I figure 18 hours on a plane is as good a place to study as any - and its free.

thanks for sharing this thread. it really has completed my day.

I think its important to give back.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    and when I order Italian food I use a bad Sean Connery accent.

"Your mother's a whore, Trebek!"

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

"I'll take the rapists for $500"

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    You gonna have time to look for records?

Been down there yet Chan? I know a like you has it on the itinerary at some point...

If you end up with an afternoon, your best bet is to hit Tracks in Gavea and Baby Discos in Copacabana. Both of these shops are more expensive. But you know, time is money.

• Dude, just remember the louder you talk the better they will understand you. Have fun annoying people in another country.

as a kid/ teen this was one of my biggest pet peeves about going places with my parents.

You'd be surprised how often you tell someone the person they are trying to talk with is deaf and thier quick fix solution is to talk louder.

like using a flashlight to help a blind person read

• You gonna have time to look for records?

you're kidding, right?