Ebay question for you savvys

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I won an auction last night at around 5:30 pm, but have recieved no notification. My Ebay tells me i need to pay for the item, but i haven't received an email from ebay or the Seller. Doesn't the ebay winning bid email come automatically or does the seller have to do something to make it official?i am just getting back into ebay again so please to excuse my feeblery.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    You should have received an email from eBay immediatly after purchase, and the seller's invoice to you with shipping information may follow whenver they get to it. If you're concerned, contact the seller.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    i just sent an email. Its weird that i never got an email after the auction ended. In My Ebay it says i won, so i am not too worried, i guess i have a case of [lotr] me wants it [/lotr].

thanks.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    This happened to me once or twice a while back- I won, but received NOTHING from eBay indicating such. The sellers thought it was weird too.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Just got this from the seller....

When i was testing the player this morning i noticed that the speeds were not consistant like they were when i first purchased this unit. Seems to run a bit slower than it should. Probably needs a cleaning. Not sure if you still want this unit this way and i comepletly understand if you dont. I always test items i sell one final time before shipping and this is the first time i have had a player go south on me prior to shipping.

PLease let me know what you want to do.

If you still want the unit i will sell it to you at $12.99 + shipping.

I apologize for this.

i'm not gonna get it becuase i would rather have a portable that works and i can use than one that doesnt and i cant. if anybody for some reason wants to pay 12.99 for a portable and like $17 for shipping i will put you through to dude.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    hell, at least he was honest rather than just saying "i have not tried this but it looks like it should work... SOLD AS IS". i'd only be suspect if it was for a more valuable item that he didn't wanna let go of for cheap.

dude just saved you $30... that was nice!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    That is a good point, you're right. The search continues i suppose.

Anyone on here have an extra lying around?

unfortunately, no... i ended up just dishing out the $99 for the Numark PT-01. that way i at least knew that as far as portables go, this one wasn't gonna scratch up my records.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    True, plus you have a headphone jack.

1/4 jack, 1/8 jack, AND RCA outputs... betta reckanize!!!