I'll be in London, England in July help me out

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
To all you people that reside in that part of the world. I'm gonna be there for 2 or 3 weeks from around the 3rd of July. Anyone who want's to catch up & go digging or whatever, or can even hook a brother up with a couch for a night to reduce hotel costs. Hit me up on the PM.Also, this will be my first time in London, I need some suggestions on what to do/book. Maybe If I do go for 3 weeks, is it recommended to go check paris out for a bit? Or will I be amused enough in London for 3 weeks? If you are French & wanna meet up/have me come stay, let me know also & I'll get booking the appropriate European excursion.Sweet.

Comments

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    holmes, you should mos def go to Paris and maybe one other european city as well (Berlin perhaps !?!) .. no offence to Londoners but you can see most of the sites in a couple of days, there will however be loads of shows on, 'time out' is the name of the gig guide

peep the vinyl vulture site - they have regular monthly meet ups called Brillo which seem to be enjoyed by all. I've met a few of those blokes & they were all good sorts .. they also have a diggers guide to London

more later champ, aiight

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It deppends on what you want to do on your trip. I mean you're coming a long way for a short period of time, so I guess it might be best to cram in as much as possible. If, that is, you want to 'see the sights' and do the tourist thing.
    If you want to take in the culture, dig, and whatnot, London will keep you entertained for 3 weeks easy.
    But seeing as you're coming so far, maybe try doing Paris and Berlin too. Berlin's amazing, but so are lots of other places in Europe too.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah you can do most of the big London sights over a long weekend but it's definitely worth checking out some of the nightlife - the VV nights are great.

If you're looking for other places to pop along to - bit of a trek up north but i would seriously recommend Edinburgh as well - very nice city, especially in the summer when you're not freezing your tits off.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Can't help on the couch front but PM me closer to the time and I should be able to sort you out some gig tickets for London shows.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Holmes, I'm probably going to be away myself then on my annual 8 weeks vacation (tough life being a teacher!!) but if not we could definitely hook up for a dig and coming to a Brillo (VV meet) is a must!!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    cool guys, i'm making a note of all this, some great ideas.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    go check out a night called Funkin Pussy. My boy Hooch throws it. not sure where it's at exactly but you can hit him up at www.breakstation.co.uk There's always a lot of bboys there if that's your thing. Leacy(RIP) used to spin there a lot.

Also there's another night they do bi-weekly (I think) called Breaking Bread...dope hip hop. Most of the record stores that stock hip hop will have flyers for those nights. But those are 2 that I know of that are run by real good people and have a really dope vibe.

it's been a while since I was there, so I actually don't know for sure if the Breaking Bread one goes down still but the Funkin Pussy is still going strong for sure.

I'll post more later as I think of it...there's loads of shit to do in London.