vietnamese food comas. anyone?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
A couple weeks ago my girl and I went to this vietnamese place in town that has killer soup. You know the type of place, all fresh ingredients, the stuff comes in a bowl the size of a punchbowl. I ordered the hot and sour soup and it was awesome, as a after meal treat I had a green bean milkshake and some fresh mint leaves. When we got home(about 5:30PM) I laid down on the bed. When I woke up, it was 6:50AM! I think I got some Saigon Sleeping Soup. Was it a combination of the mint and herbs? WTF? Well, we are going there today in a couple hours and I am going to repeat my meal and see what happens. Anyone ever go into a food coma? It was wierd, because I didnt feel tired, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I love some vietnamese food, but it has never put me in a coma.

• I love some vietnamese food, but it has never put me in a coma.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I love some vietnamese girls, but they have never put me in a coma.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Pho doesn't give you comas. I can't say I've had any Vietnamese that didn't make me feel like a million bucks really.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    couldve been the milkshake. milk products have tryptofan or whatever that shit is. which is why sometimes grandma will give you a warm glass of milk before bedtime.

ive had vn food that is definately heavier than pho. there's a place out here that kinda specializes in the more indian influences and they serve a curry with baguette.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i just had a durian bubble tea
    & am feeling

• I love some vietnamese food, but it has never put me in a coma.

and I have it all the time, I live just down the street from the semi-famous Eden Center.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Pho doesn't give you comas. I can't say I've had any Vietnamese that didn't make me feel like a million bucks really.

i usually order the biggest bowl available which makes me immobile for an hour or two, but i don't get sleepy

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    couldve been the milkshake. milk products have tryptofan or whatever that shit is. which is why sometimes grandma will give you a warm glass of milk before bedtime.

That particular amino acid (tryptophan) is the main culprit w/ regards to turkey and major snooze sessions...

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    if you're talking about Pho then I hope you didn't put the Lemon Grass in ?

cuz I think thats the shit that makes you sleepy.