The Smiley Smile Theory(Prove Me Wrong)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I've had a theory for a while now that no ROCK band post 1965 put out an album that was worth a damn where every member of the band is pictured on the cover smiling. Sure there are LP's where one or two members are smiling.....or the stoner of the band has a "stoned out of his mind" goofy-ass smile.But I'm talking about every member with a "Hi, I sure am happy" smile.I've run this by a few collectors and no one has been able to come up with one.Prove the theory wrong.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    haha! I'm sure you've done extensive research but I'm definitely gonna have to go look at my records now...

• Hmmm, a couple of these expressions are on the fence but could be construed as smiles if we're feeling generous.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    SoulOnIce may beg to differ

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this one is a definite

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

We may have a winner!!

I don't care for the LP but I know it's held in high esteem by many.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i love that album

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

yup - pretty smiley bunch.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

nice one n****n!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

nice one n****n!

3 out of 4

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

nice one n****n!

3 out of 4

what? theyre all smilin'...although it kinda looks like newstead just has to fart or something..then again it is just EP...

• nice one n****n!

3 out of 4

what? theyre all smilin'...although it kinda looks like newstead just has to fart or something..then again it is just EP...

Naw...he's enjoying Lars' fart...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I think this is more of a "Look we are evil maniacal out of our mind bad-ass lunatics, you better hide your kids" smiles.

Food is the only one I've seen where the whole band has "We sure are happy" smiles.