Graemlin Help

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I was working on my first one last night and it looked good, but after I exported it to .gif format, the icon was all jagged around the edges. I think this is where "anti-aliasing" comes into play... How do I go about making it smooth? I still have the Photoshop file to work with.Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
    You can only make one color transparent. Any other shades of said color will not become transparent. Don't make it transparent. Just give it a white background.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    dude i dont think you should antialias it! those graemlins look the worst if you ask me. make it pixelated!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    You can only make one color transparent. Any other shades of said color will not become transparent. Don't make it transparent. Just give it a white background.

So you're saying that if make a white background (and a .jpeg) I won't be all jagged like it is when exported as a .gif?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts

So you're saying that if make a white background (and a .jpeg) I won't be all jagged like it is when exported as a .gif?

I'm only assuming it's jagged because of the transparency. There may be other reason. Can you post it so I can see?

I'm only assuming it's jagged because of the transparency.

Ah-ha! This may very well be the case...I will investiagate,txs.

There may be other reason. Can you post it so I can see?

I'll get it right and then debut at the appropriate time,txs. (or perhaps in your new thread, vee shall see.)

One more question...what's the basic font peoples are workin' wif?

Arial?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

Arial?
    yeh. arial pretty small w/anti-aliasing turned off so it looks like internet text

A sincere "thank you!"