WHATS UP THIS SUMMER? its going to be fat related

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
The Weather finally changed here in L.A. yesterday and things are starting to look real fat. Real world moves are giving way to real world moves and its going to be off the hinges. I am going to get the new PUTS cd to bump in my ride and besides that I will be listening to some 90's R&B jams like Changing Faces, Faith Evans, and Mokenstef.It's gonna be hella nice. Set it off. What's your folls gameplan?ap

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I hear you about that weather mang! SHit changes your whole attitude.

• I am going to work my ass off till June 21st and flood eBay with as many auctions as a man can list. I am even making an appearance with 3000 records at the Buena Park show this month. I am selling all I need to sell so come June 21st my shit will be set free. I won't sell a record all summer. Look for me in the studio and hanging out at tower 18 Will Rogers State Beach with my toes on the nose and a waterproof twiddle stick in my hand. Shred it folls.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    School ends May 22. First Summer break in 15 years . Job responsibilities now equal zero. Wedding July 15. Europe July 16 - August 6. Going to the beach until school starts again in Septemeber.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Good luck with your summer, North Hemisphere people. I'm getting ready for winter down here. If it is like last year's winter, all I need is a t-shirt. Global warming is no joke. Buenos Aires used to be very cold on winter (no snow tough), but not anymore. WE ALL GONNA MELT. Don't invest in record flattening machines, records will self-unwrapped in the not so distant future.

• Got my biggest real-world moves in YEARS coming up this summer. All but finalized a new J-O-B in the last couple days with the local Football concern (3 time SuperBowl champs...Your N** En***** P*******!!!) Don't want to jinx it, but that'll be huge. It'll mean more work, and a commute I'm not excited about, but I'm bored at work right now, and want something I can love.

Speaking of love, getting married on 9/16 to a woman I adore. Can't wait...Wedding is gonna be dope, and the marriage is everything I've ever wanted. Big things on tap for this summer.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Got my biggest real-world moves in YEARS coming up this summer. All but finalized a new J-O-B in the last couple days with the local Football concern (3 time SuperBowl champs...Your N** En***** P*******!!!) Don't want to jinx it, but that'll be huge. It'll mean more work, and a commute I'm not excited about, but I'm bored at work right now, and want something I can love.

Speaking of love, getting married on 9/16 to a woman I adore. Can't wait...Wedding is gonna be dope, and the marriage is everything I've ever wanted. Big things on tap for this summer.

Real World Moves galore! Congrats to you and Sabadabadabdabadabada for setting dates to seal the knot with your special ladies. Man I really need to get my wedding planner skills on, four years engaged and no wedding date is beginning to become

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Got my biggest real-world moves in YEARS coming up this summer. All but finalized a new J-O-B in the last couple days with the local Football concern (3 time SuperBowl champs...Your N** En***** P*******!!!) Don't want to jinx it, but that'll be huge. It'll mean more work, and a commute I'm not excited about, but I'm bored at work right now, and want something I can love.

Real World Moves galore! Congrats to you and Sabadabadabdabadabada for setting dates to seal the knot with your special ladies. Man I really need to get my wedding planner skills on, four years engaged and no wedding date is beginning to become

Yeah, I have only been engaged 4 months and I am already tired of the "have you set a date?" question. After the first year do people just stop asking or does it get worse?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    So psyched right now. We restored the wrap around porch at our house, had a patio installed, fresh SOD planted, paved a driveway, and raised a basketball hoop. I am no longer a prisoner from the outside. My daughter is two and loves to play in the sand box and run around.

I'm playing music again... selling a portion of my collection to fund the new obsession.

We have a couple trips planned. Colorado in June, Kiawah Island, SC in July. New addition to the family in September. Life could not be better!

So psyched right now. We restored the wrap around porch at our house, had a patio installed, fresh SOD planted, paved a driveway, and raised a basketball hoop.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Yeah, I have only been engaged 4 months and I am already tired of the "have you set a date?" question. After the first year do people just stop asking or does it get worse?

I hate to break it to you man but it only gets worse. People stop asking after about the first 12 months and instead try to avoid even mentioning the subject of weddings in front of you out of some kind of misguided tact. Then whenever the subject does come up you receive a mixture of looks ranging from pitying (for her)to accusing (for you).

While we have our reasons for not setting a date I recommend not bothering trying to justify it to people- it's really noone else's business apart from you and your lady's and as long as you're not in a rush don't let them bully you.

P.s. congrats on the engagement

I hate to break it to you man but it only gets worse. People stop asking after about the first 12 months and instead try to avoid even mentioning the subject of weddings in front of you out of some kind of misguided tact. Then whenever the subject does come up you receive a mixture of looks ranging from pitying (for her)to accusing (for you).

While we have our reasons for not setting a date I recommend not bothering trying to justify it to people- it's really noone else's business apart from you and your lady's and as long as you're not in a rush don't let them bully you.

Thanks man, thats what I figured.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    this summer is all about traveling, records, and my wife. finishing up deals on 20,000 pieces (three loads). organizing my storage with brand new sturdy shelves and putting my "out of work" friends to work. getting my last spine shot in may which will put me in the 80% healed range (woohoo!). got my homegirl whos gonna start handling even more of the record responsibility which will free me up for more digging time. able to drive again (a little) so the wife and i are doing a road trip this summer for a late honeymoon/early anniversary. just digging, taking pictures, and falling in love all over again.

if all goes to plan that is...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Looking forward to a week on the beach in Port Aransas come the second week of May. No work, no writing assignments, no computer access...just my wife, my daughter, some fishing poles, a boogieboard, a tent, some sand toys, a frisbee, some books, some green, some drinks, and some good food. Can't wait...

My advice to you is, seriously, ELOPE. Or pick a destination wedding with just a few people on a beach somewhere. No florist, photographer, band, dj, caterer, site fee, invitations, guest gifts, cake, bar tab, limo, church fee, religious classes, tuxedo, wedding dress, $$$$$$$$$$$$$

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

My advice to you is, seriously, ELOPE. Or pick a destination wedding with just a few people on a beach somewhere. No florist, photographer, band, dj, caterer, site fee, invitations, guest gifts, cake, bar tab, limo, church fee, religious classes, tuxedo, wedding dress, $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Elope homie. No stress... most beautiful experience of my life. I caught flack for it from my fam for the next couple of years , but they are over it now. ELOP!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I am going to work my ass off till June 21st and flood eBay with as many auctions as a man can list. I am even making an appearance with 3000 records at the Buena Park show this month. I am selling all I need to sell so come June 21st my shit will be set free. I won't sell a record all summer. Look for me in the studio and hanging out at tower 18 Will Rogers State Beach with my toes on the nose and a waterproof twiddle stick in my hand. Shred it folls.

Ahem. I may need to attend this time around. I always have more fun out at pasadena because its outside and I get to dig with folks that got shitfaced with me the night before, but hell.... I dont want to miss this.

In fact, if you want to be supercool, let me come to your house the day before so I can get first dibs!!!! And also, don't invite Adam.

Elope homie. No stress... most beautiful experience of my life. I caught flack for it from my fam for the next couple of years , but they are over it now. ELOP!!

This is what all of my brothers and sisters told me to do at their weddings now they are asking about the wedding and invitations and all that crap. We want to elope but my fiance is an only child and my grandmother is 92 and she would be devistated. She wants us to get married so badly but she is so sweet because she is the only one who doesn't ask us about it all the time.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    My summer is gonna suuuuuck. I have two courses (which I've never taught before) to prep. Then I have to find a place for me and the family to move into in LA. Then we actully have to pack (oof oof oof) and move.

• My advice to you is, seriously, ELOPE. Or pick a destination wedding with just a few people on a beach somewhere. No florist, photographer, band, dj, caterer, site fee, invitations, guest gifts, cake, bar tab, limo, church fee, religious classes, tuxedo, wedding dress, $$$$$$$$$$$$$

No doubt...I'm seriously excited for my big date, but the money involed is some serious -type shit. People hear wedding, and the price just triples.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    We threw our wedding for like 3K. It can be done. We had a fucking BLAST too!!!!

Mine is an only child/daughter as well and I felt the same way. She was up for an elopements but I thought she would regret it and her grandmother and mom would have been upset.

This is what all of my brothers and sisters told me to do at their weddings now they are asking about the wedding and invitations and all that crap. We want to elope but my fiance is an only child and my grandmother is 92 and she would be devistated. She wants us to get married so badly but she is so sweet because she is the only one who doesn't ask us about it all the time.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    So psyched right now. We restored the wrap around porch at our house, had a patio installed, fresh SOD planted, paved a driveway, and raised a basketball hoop.

I gotta say, these are all things I miss about the east coast that I don't really see much out here: porches and lawns. Patios, too, but really, having a nice screened-in porch is the freshest shit there is during those summer months.

As for me, I'm taking a trip to Kauai in May and putting out my first 12-inch in June. I can't wait for both of those things to happen.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    This summer: new siding and windows on the house, which is gonna make me very happy (I currently have drafty 50 year old windows in the house....). Looking forward (hopefully) to a reduction in the oil bill next winter.

• A new baby coming in August, continuing to get healthy, enjoying the warm weather and maybe a new tattoo (that might have to wait until Fall).

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    waterproof twiddle stick

• A new baby coming in August, continuing to get healthy, enjoying the warm weather and maybe a new tattoo (that might have to wait until Fall).

Wow! Congrats, L. That's really awesome.

Looks like we're shopping for a home (read: condo; re-read: apartment) to buy this summer. We just started looking and it feels very nuts. We were gonna wait until next summer, but we're gonna start now.

And my wife will be enjoying a much-deserved break from her insane semester this summer. Plus a little wedding-related travel (San Diego and Portland).

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Early summer will see a flurry of record buying in an attempt to ferret out all the good Detroit small-label soul 45s before flying out to Tibet for 7 weeks in June, and then heading off to the West coast to begin grad work at Stanford.

A new baby coming in August, continuing to get healthy, enjoying the warm weather and maybe a new tattoo (that might have to wait until Fall).

Wow! Congrats, L. That's really awesome.

Looks like we're shopping for a home (read: condo; re-read: apartment) to buy this summer. We just started looking and it feels very nuts. We were gonna wait until next summer, but we're gonna start now.

And my wife will be enjoying a much-deserved break from her insane semester this summer. Plus a little wedding-related travel (San Diego and Portland).

Good luck man. I just went through this process and it is both stressfull and rewarding.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    wussuppie AP!

i was totally hating this hot weather during december/january. but im loving it now! i plan on eating at outdoor establishments, drinking beer with lemon, riding my (hopefully) new bmx dirt bike around town, and wearing tshirts at night.