Semi-Broken mixer woes (PMC-05)

chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Can anybody help? I can't hear anything out of the headphones on either channel. Other than that, the mixer works fine, crossfader works, I can hear everything in the speakers, just NOTHING in the headphones.I tried to take it apart and look at it but there was just screw after screw rolling around all over the place along with my patience. I just about lost it. How I got it: off of craigslist in the Newark Rasputin's parking lot...semi-shady deal. It worked fine and looked fine and then all of a sudden I head nada in the headphones. I am pretty sure it had nothing to do w/the previous owner but it was more coincidental that shortly after I bought it with it working FINE this happened. WHO CAN FIX THIS?

Comments

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Is there a seperate level for the headphones and if yes is it turned all the way down (joking...sorta)?

Do you get anything if you move the headphone plug around a bit, like a cutting in and out of the sound, maybe static even or you are just rolling with absolutely no sound whatsoever from the headphone port?

• chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
    Is there a seperate level for the headphones and if yes is it turned all the way down (joking...sorta)?

Do you get anything if you move the headphone plug around a bit, like a cutting in and out of the sound, maybe static even or you are just rolling with absolutely no sound whatsoever from the headphone port?

So I've tried messing w/the headphone levels and pretty much any combination of jiggling things to eliminate the stupid obvious. There is absolutely NO sound at all, not even static! It's just like one day the headphones output decided to die. When I was trying to take all the different levels of faceplates off it was just getting frustrating for me and I just needed to stop before I was chasing screws around all over the place (imagine insanity).

What does this all mean??