Hip-hop extravagance

Dabney_SoulmanDabney_Soulman 890 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Rappers been bragging about their money and what they do with their money forever and a day but outside of the typical buying fancy cars, jewlery, and houses has anyone gone to major extremes. I know Puff got himself a person man servant (farnsworth Bently) but anybody else flexin their ballin' muscles like that? (potential ayo)

Comments

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    One man's decadence is another mans starvation.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Rappers been bragging about their money and what they do with their money forever and a day but outside of the typical buying fancy cars, jewlery, and houses has anyone gone to major extremes. I know Puff got himself a person man servant (farnsworth Bently) but anybody else flexin their ballin' muscles like that? (potential ayo)

Lots and lots of framed Scarface movie poster reproductions?

• Rappers been bragging about their money and what they do with their money forever and a day but outside of the typical buying fancy cars, jewlery, and houses has anyone gone to major extremes. I know Puff got himself a person man servant (farnsworth Bently) but anybody else flexin their ballin' muscles like that? (potential ayo)

Lots and lots of framed Scarface movie poster reproductions?

not extravagant enough. I'm wondering if dudes hire people to hold their drinks for them, or to keep their ice cubes cold.

Anybody got a personal fluffer

next level type shit

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    For every 1 rapper makin' some serious money, how many are actin' like they are ballin?

I'm waiting for a rapper to do a geico commecial.

"My new LP just went double wood... But I saved a bundle on my..."

I'm guessing theres under 10 "Rappers" out there making "real" money.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

...with the candy coated helicopter...

• ...with the candy coated helicopter...

you see but I don't think none of these dudes actually have a helicopter. [andrea]I want to know the true[/andrea]

No, seriously Baby owns/owned a candy painted helicopter

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    What about Master P's gold tank? Even if it's just a regular tank painted gold.

• What about Master P's gold tank? Even if it's just a regular tank painted gold.

maybe he uses his gold tank to drive around NO and not help Katrina victims.

I'm surprised SS favorite pseudo rap life stylist hasn't chimed in. I'm sure that next to his UGK pin up posters D****l has a "get like my favorate rappers" list.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    You can bet that any of the Rappers out there that own most of ther publishing plus other Rappers' publishing are ballin out of control.

off the top I would expect out of control finances from:

50Cent
    Ludacris
    Jay-Z
    Baby of Cash Money
    Dr. Dre
    Jermaine Dupri

Possibly Dame Dash?

• You can bet that any of the Rappers out there that own most of ther publishing plus other Rappers' publishing are ballin out of control.

50Cent
    Ludacris
    Jay-Z
    Baby of Cash Money
    Dr. Dre
    Jermaine Dupri

Possibly Dame Dash?

well I agree that they are rich, but do they floss their riches in extravagant ways?

Having a helicopter = extravagant

having your money diversified in IRA's, stocks, bonds, and other assets = being smart

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    that would be my likely candidate list... Your average rapper, especially new are getting reamed royally... For instance, as a new artist on Interscope, You give up 50% of your publishing off top, no questions asked.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I have a solid gold pillow.

I don't sleep very well, but it looks fabulous.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Possibly Dame Dash?

They did a segment on his pimpin' London pad on Cribs. Dude had mad chicas in the hottub. Definitely balling.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    I have bonds, shares and 2 real estates at the moment.

I'm only 25.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I'm only 25.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    You can bet that any of the Rappers out there that own most of ther publishing plus other Rappers' publishing are ballin out of control.

50Cent
    Ludacris
    Jay-Z
    Baby of Cash Money
    Dr. Dre
    Jermaine Dupri

Possibly Dame Dash?

having your money diversified in IRA's, stocks, bonds, and other assets = being smart

Something tells me these dudes aren't exactly stashing their money in mattresses.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I'm only 25.

I'm in massive debt, have a broke-ass car, haven't bought shoes in 6 months, and often dip into my savings account for rent. However, I did just get a copy of the '5 Ounces of Soul', so in my private mind garden I'm way out in front.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    For instance, as a new artist on Interscope, You give up 50% of your publishing off top, no questions asked.

Who to? If giving up 50% of your publishing is a pre-requisite of signing a record deal with Interscope, I'd sign with someone else. That's some 1950's Hesh Rabkin-type shit, and it doesn't make any sense to me. A co-publishing deal with a major publisher is one thing, but even then you'd get your songs back at some point, and your co-publisher would normally only retain the publisher share of BMI/ASCAP etc at the end of the term.

Possibly Dame Dash?

They did a segment on his pimpin' London pad on Cribs. Dude had mad chicas in the hottub. Definitely balling.

That was rented. He fell behind on the rent too, so he got emptied out.

I'm only 25.

I'm in massive debt, have a broke-ass car, hadn't bought shoes in 6 months (before last week), and often dip into my savings account for rent. However, I did just get the only known copy of '******* **** ****', so in my private mind garden I'm way out in front.

Ahhh, the glamorous life.

btw most rappers with some money get a financial advisor

TI owns a number of businesses, is that not stereotypical enough for you Adam?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the only known copy of '******* **** ****'

has any rap millionaire ever been sighted balling out on ebay vinyl like marcofunk???

ooh, I just thought of one...

• One man's decadence is another mans starvation.

Wrong. You may resent cam for pushing the bentley but I doubt the blue collar dudes employed by bentley share that resentment.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

And also purchases/collects fine art, from what I heard. Would that be considered extravagance?

And also purchases/collects fine art, from what I heard. Would that be considered extravagance?

Collecting is never extravagant.

As long as you post your finds on the internet

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I bet in the next couple of years you'll see Puffy drop the super extravagant lifestyle.

If not, look for him to declare bankruptcy.

If not, look for him to declare bankruptcy

Either that, or reissue the complete works of Biggie as a lavish CD box set.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I bet in the next couple of years you'll see Puffy drop the super extravagant lifestyle.

If not, look for him to declare bankruptcy.

This is just uninformed hate. Puff is getting more money than ever. He no longer relies upon music, nor is he particularly interested in it.

Please believe that if he were to shift his focus back to music, he would very quickly be on top of the game again.