Has anyone ever DJ'd a club that uses this shit?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.coremusic.com/Level I Product Only Service - Our entry level program designed for Top 40 club operators and d.j.'s looking to simplify their monthly music purchases. Provides up to 20 new music releases each month based upon your music format. We offer a vinyl/CD or all CD service. All product arrives pre labeled with artist, title, BPM, intro, music style, date of release and suggested time of play. You'll also receive the exclusive "Hotsheet" entertainment newsletter with each music shipment. Click here to receive Proposal InformationPrice: $195.00 U.S. dollars per month (ask about our d.j. professionaldiscount!) Level II Music Management System - Our next level of service is designed for those club operators wanting help in "managing" their music on a monthly basis to increase beverage revenue. Provides all the benefits of Level I plus a two-day on-site visit to get you musically organized, a monthly analysis of your nightly entertainment presentation and quarterly music library manual.Click here to receive Proposal InformationPrice: $250.00 U.S. dollars per monthTwo Day Music Formatting Workshop - This program is designed to provide a customized music format and two days & nights of training with your d.j. and management staff. A proven program for those wanting a "road map" to musical success. Click here to receive Proposal InformationPrice: $1995.00 plus expensesFive Day Grand Opening Workshop - If you're opening a new nightclub, then this program is a must. Provides an initial day of d.j. auditions in your market, three days & nights of training and a one-day follow up to ensure your entertainment success. Click here to receive Proposal InformationPrice: $3500.00 plus expensesOpening Music Libraries - CMS is the largest supplier of opening music libraries to clubs throughout the world. Just let us know your format and we'll provide a customized proposal based upon your needs. All CD libraries as well as our standard vinyl/CD library are available.Click here to receive Proposal InformationStaff Human Dynamics Training Workshop - This exclusive workshop is designed to help motivate your bartenders, waitresses, front door staff and d.j.'s to increase morale and beverage revenue. We'll also teach five "staff dynamics" to popular hi-energy songs to motivate your crowd and create a point of difference. Click here to receive Proposal InformationDJ Placement Services - Having difficulty locating the right d.j.? Let CMS find the best possible d.j. to meet your entertainment needs.Click here to receive Proposal Information

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Staff Human Dynamics Training Workshop - This exclusive workshop is designed to help motivate your bartenders, waitresses, front door staff and d.j.'s to increase morale and beverage revenue. We'll also teach five "staff dynamics" to popular hi-energy songs to motivate your crowd and create a point of difference.

"We've found that the average establishment can increase beverage revenue by +/- 35% when offering beverage promotions during power plays of "Hustler Muzik" by Lil Wayne and "Got That Drank" by Frayzer Boy. You'll be amazed at your increased sales volume when you implement this innovative promotional strategy.

Now if you'll turn to page 43 in your manuals, "Chapter 4: Using 'Trap Music' to Trap Beverage Sales."

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Wow that???s horrible, but the thought of an aloof club owner getting schooled in the new hip music by some geeky sales tech intrigues me. ???No put your hands on your hips, Yeah that???s it, its called the macharana and its going to be huge???

teach "staff dynamics" to popular hi-energy songs

Wow that???s horrible, but the thought of an aloof club owner getting schooled in the new hip music by some geeky sales tech intrigues me. ???No put your hands on your hips, Yeah that???s it, its called the macharana and its going to be huge???

This mananger was pretty open with why they started using this. Which can be summed up as the DJs were playing too much nigger music. Also, I get the impression that the manager is coming from some VA Fratboy MBA mentality where any service can be improved by first getting some overpaid consultant and then to competitively outsource formerly in house services. READ: defer the issue by wasting money.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    This manger was pretty open with why they started using this. Which can be summed up as the DJs were playing too much nigger music.

He may be in for a shock when his consultant tells him they haven't been playing enough!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Hi, DJ! Whaaaaaat's happening? Mmmyeeaaah...I'm gonna need you to go ahead and play numbers 2, 3, and 5 from this list in that order, mmmmkay? Oh! And if you could go ahead and play snap music for the following half-hour, that would be grrreaaaaaaaat."

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    READ: defer the issue by wasting money.

AKA Find someone to blame for poor sales

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Haven't we been here before though?

[rant]On the issue of working in a club, I had to deal with some obnoxious girlies this Saturday who almost singlehandedly made me wanna quit DJing. Just when I thought I had developed the shell and game-face that said 'don't-fuck-with-the-DJ', I realize that these types of folks don't bother reading anyone's body language or understand that they are not the sole center of the universe. My mistake was letting myself argue with them, I now know that the key to getting folks off your ass is to just say 'OK' to whatever they ask. Then just do what you do.[/rant]

do tell...

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    I now know that the key to getting folks off your ass is to just say 'OK' to whatever they ask. Then just do what you do

be careful, this IS a proven temporary fix, but often leads to the same obnoxious person coming in the booth 20 times... i had a guy last friday begging me to play "i'm in love with a stripper"... i told him "ok" a few times, but he kept coming up and saying "play it next!", so i told him "i'm playing fast stuff right now, i promise i'll play it at the end"... that wasn't good enough, he came up every time i switched records for the next 20 minutes, so i told him "i thought i had that song, but i don't, i'm sorry"... he says, "i have it on a cd in my car, i'll go get it", so i told him to just go sit in his car and listen to it, then come back in, he just laughed and said "ok, i'll go get it" ... so while he went out to the street to get it, i played it, and he came back in for the last 20 seconds ... he was very pissed, but it was one of the few times that i've ever felt like i won that kind of battle

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    This story makes me happy.

I now know that the key to getting folks off your ass is to just say 'OK' to whatever they ask. Then just do what you do

be careful, this IS a proven temporary fix, but often leads to the same obnoxious person coming in the booth 20 times... i had a guy last friday begging me to play "i'm in love with a stripper"... i told him "ok" a few times, but he kept coming up and saying "play it next!", so i told him "i'm playing fast stuff right now, i promise i'll play it at the end"... that wasn't good enough, he came up every time i switched records for the next 20 minutes, so i told him "i thought i had that song, but i don't, i'm sorry"... he says, "i have it on a cd in my car, i'll go get it", so i told him to just go sit in his car and listen to it, then come back in, he just laughed and said "ok, i'll go get it" ... so while he went out to the street to get it, i played it, and he came back in for the last 20 seconds ... he was very pissed, but it was one of the few times that i've ever felt like i won that kind of battle

so fucking awesome

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    For the Club and Mobile D.J.

CMS has put together a resource of the most popular songs from the 50's through today and cataloged these selections by music style and BPM. You'll find the BPM for the songs you need to improve your mixing and programming options.

The problem with some BPM Books in the past is they gave you the BPM for every song that came out in a particular era, many of which are no longer requested or are no longer important today. Other complaints we heard were the books were too bulky and the print was too small. CMS addresses all of these issues and more.

Our BPM Books contain only the major radio and club hits without the filler[/b]. The 8 1/2" x 11" format is very user friendly and the print is extremely easy to read. Each book is divided by beat per minute and alphabetically by artist. We've also made it easy to get the listings of songs in just the format you want.

These books are also an important tool to help build your music library if you are just getting started and can help fill in the holes to expand your presentation. Finally, feel free to inquire about our custom BPM Books to meet your specific needs.

A) Oldie Beats: Favorites from the 50's, 60's & 70's - $39.95

B) Disco Beats: Disco hits from 1974 - 1981 - $19.95

C) Retro Beats: 80's and 90's hits - $39.95

D) Dance & Hip Hop Beats: 1981 - through today - $49.95

E) Superhits Beats: major hits from the 70's through today - $59.95

F) MEGA Beats: Our largest collection containing over 5,600 songs
    !Makes a great gift idea. $99.95

To order or to ask any questions, call (800) 266-4700.

Extremely weaksauce.

so fucking awesome

JEEZUS! If you wanna control what goes on in a club so bad, become a fucking DJ yourself! Or go to a club with one o them Internet Jukeboxes with a grip of cash and drive everyone nuts with your taste in music! I also got a request for that Stripper song as well as several 'do you have any Reggaeton?' requests and my favorite 'do you have any DANCE music?' while I am playing the 12" edit of WAR's 'Galaxy' and a bunch of folks are dancing to it. 'Yes, sweetie, I came with some DANCE music. No Madonna.'

I really was a step away from telling that chick I was arguing with "Do I come down to YOUR job and tell you how to suck cock?"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Oldie Beats

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Hi, DJ! Whaaaaaat's happening? Mmmyeeaaah...I'm gonna need you to go ahead and play numbers 2, 3, and 5 from this list in that order, mmmmkay? Oh! And if you could go ahead and play snap music for the following half-hour, that would be grrreaaaaaaaat."

JEAHHHH!!!!!!

"this is what I'm playing. no requests. there are many other clubs in town playing that other stuff. OK?"

then if she persists...

"you need to go away or I'll have the bouncer remove you."

you have every right to say that and it works. but I save it for the super annoying bitches.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    "this is what I'm playing. no requests. there are many other clubs in town playing that other stuff. OK?"

then if she persists...

you have every right to say that and it works. but I save it for the super annoying bitches.

this is not the technique i learned at the CMS seminar

nah, but seriously, i'd be really careful with that one... i'm not sure what kind of places y'all are djing at, but annoying (yet hot) girls are the life blood of most clubs that are trying to sell drinks... i'd probably save that one for the dudes

i find that people who stay dancing are the ones who spend money. chicks who haggle the DJ are usually too drunk to drink anymore at that point and they probably won't remember you telling them to eat a dick anyhow. like i said i save this for the super annoyances. the ones like birdman was talking about who make you wonder why you are doing this.

then if she persists...

this is not the technique i learned at the CMS seminar

nah, but seriously, i'd be really careful with that one... i'm not sure what kind of places y'all are djing at, but annoying (yet hot) girls are the life blood of most clubs that are trying to sell drinks... i'd probably save that one for the dudes

I can honestly say that I have never had a dude be rude to me...usually they are extremely polite and almost apologetic.

The ratio for rude girls is 1 in 2, in my experience.

And I have NO issue with requests, it's the idea that your request will be instantaneously honored is what I take umbrage with. And that by virtue of the fact that you payed NO COVER CHARGE to be here, I cannot be held soley responsible for you having a good time or not.

seriously though. 99% of the annoying requests are for things you can rest assured are being played in clubs all across the city. just tell them to go there. while you're not trying to be Giles Peterson or some shit, you're still shooting for something a little off center. and Birdman you got the managers, the staff, the owner all in your corner at this spot. stop being so nice. you got every right and you are safe to put a mega bitch in her place.

seriously though. 99% of the annoying requests are for things you can rest assured are being played in clubs all across the city. just tell them to go there. while you're not trying to be Giles Peterson or some shit, you're still shooting for something a little off center. and Birdman you got the managers, the staff, the owner all in your corner at this spot. stop being so nice. you got every right and you are safe to put a mega bitch in her place.

Dude, you would have been surprised at how rude I was in return, but she was just totally clueless to it. I told her to leave....straight up. You know what her response was? "We are this close to leaving, man." I again said, exasperated, 'Then GO!' and ignored her. The manager basically told me the same thing, that I shoulda told her to fuck off.

you're a bigger man than me.

you are also actually bigger.