NEWSFLASH: Inane postings not limited to Soulstrut

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Trouble is at it again and as usual, it's pure comedy.

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Quotable quotes:

Rare records are not expensive, if you look hard. Third Guitar went through on ebay at $400 yesterday.

Third Guitar is over rated!!!!! but B-boy love it.

People starting to collect funk now must be in a very difficult position because the prices are so high and they have no 'funk capital'.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Twats reissue records, and that goes for Ian and Fryer as well. What can be gained from booting them up? Apart from unemployed pot smoking student types making a few hundred quid from selling them for ??6 including postage anywhere in the world?

Reissues kill records and make them boring. The only people they are good for a twat shoreditch "i want to be like DJ Shadow" types.

Rare records are not expensive, if you look hard. Don't be a twat with comments like "for some of us poor fook". eg a mint Third Guitar went through on ebay at $400 yesterday. You could make ??100 profit off that. Do that a couple of times and you can buy a JT Allen for ??200 and it's not cost you a penny, which is alot cheaper than the ??6 inc postage to anywhere in the world for the crap reissue.

Can I get an emoticon for "flying asshole"???

People starting to collect funk now must be in a very difficult position because the prices are so high and they have no 'funk capital'.

DIBS

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    You are obviously a twat shoreditch "i want to be like DJ Shadow" type. I mean, look at what board you're posting on.

To any remaining UK strutters: can we get a contextual definition of "shoreditch"?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I'm getting good at squeezing you beaver, I can even do it with a snipe now.

squeezing you beaver

funk capital

pointless hippy cunt

twat shoreditch

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yes

---------

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    I love where another poster refers to him thusly:

ya big streak of piss[/b]....

I love the British!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    You are obviously a twat shoreditch "i want to be like DJ Shadow" type. I mean, look at what board you're posting on.

To any remaining UK strutters: can we get a contextual definition of "shoreditch"?

I tried to run it through Google Translate and it didn't work.

Unfortunately they don't have an "English" to English translator.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Shoreditch

Shoreditch, Shoreditch, Shoreditch. Where to start? I don't know what it is about the place, but it still seems to generate a huge amount of conversation, bitching, praise and peculiar observations.

It's been about 10 years since the Bricklayers Arms (info) and the Blue Note (now Bluu - info) began to attract young scallywags away from the bars and clubs of Soho and Islington, and though the crowd has become slightly more mainstream, it is still a world away from the anodyne tosh that one encounters all too often in the West End.

The Shoreditch renaissance was set in motion by artists who, on the lookout for cheap studio space, infiltrated a scruffy East End district in the early 90s. Ex-Etonian art dealer Jay Joplin launched the White Cube gallery (pictured left) in 1993, and immediately began to exhibit one-man shows of the "young British artists" of the day.

These included Damian Hirst, Tracey Emin and Sam Taylor-Wood. The bars and clubs that emerged around this cultural phenomenon were scruffy yet forward thinking, and it wasn't long before the area had developed a reputation for hard partying and artistic posturing.

Like anywhere that suddenly becomes cool, it was inevitable that it wasn't going to be long before the wrong sort of people began to hang out there too. Bars such as Home and Cantaloupe began to attract weekend crowds that vastly exceeded their capacities.

Also, the short distance from Shoreditch to the City and the media circus of Clerkenwell meant that property prices soared, as overpaid 20somethings began to relocate there in their thousands. Most of the artists have moved out by now, but some still remain - mainly the ones that made a fortune out of White Cube and Charles Saatchi???

Shoreditch has matured, but is far from grown-up. Still a Mecca for arts students, fashion designers/victims (delete as appropriate) and the creatively minded, it bustles mid-week and heaves at weekends. Not everyone's cup of tea, but worth sampling once in a while.

Orientation

Shoreditch is centred around the triangle formed by Old Street, Great Eastern Street and Shoreditch High Street. This is the epicentre, but the district extends out to City Road in the South West and Spitalfields in the South East. The area north of Old Street is Hoxton, and this is usually lumped in with Shoreditch as well.

None of it is brilliantly served by public transport, but Old Street tube (Northern Line) and Liverpool Street Station (Bakerloo, Circle and Hammersmith & City Lines) get you fairly close.

Sorry... This pic kills me... i've got cracked ribs right now and laughing hurts. But it's worth it for this pic.

Carry on...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Shoreditch

Shoreditch, Shoreditch, Shoreditch. Where to start? I don't know what it is about the place, but it still seems to generate a huge amount of conversation, bitching, praise and peculiar observations.

It's been about 10 years since the Bricklayers Arms (info) and the Blue Note (now Bluu - info) began to attract young scallywags away from the bars and clubs of Soho and Islington, and though the crowd has become slightly more mainstream, it is still a world away from the anodyne tosh that one encounters all too often in the West End.

The Shoreditch renaissance was set in motion by artists who, on the lookout for cheap studio space, infiltrated a scruffy East End district in the early 90s. Ex-Etonian art dealer Jay Joplin launched the White Cube gallery (pictured left) in 1993, and immediately began to exhibit one-man shows of the "young British artists" of the day.

These included Damian Hirst, Tracey Emin and Sam Taylor-Wood. The bars and clubs that emerged around this cultural phenomenon were scruffy yet forward thinking, and it wasn't long before the area had developed a reputation for hard partying and artistic posturing.

Like anywhere that suddenly becomes cool, it was inevitable that it wasn't going to be long before the wrong sort of people began to hang out there too. Bars such as Home and Cantaloupe began to attract weekend crowds that vastly exceeded their capacities.

Also, the short distance from Shoreditch to the City and the media circus of Clerkenwell meant that property prices soared, as overpaid 20somethings began to relocate there in their thousands. Most of the artists have moved out by now, but some still remain - mainly the ones that made a fortune out of White Cube and Charles Saatchi???

Shoreditch has matured, but is far from grown-up. Still a Mecca for arts students, fashion designers/victims (delete as appropriate) and the creatively minded, it bustles mid-week and heaves at weekends. Not everyone's cup of tea, but worth sampling once in a while.

Orientation

Shoreditch is centred around the triangle formed by Old Street, Great Eastern Street and Shoreditch High Street. This is the epicentre, but the district extends out to City Road in the South West and Spitalfields in the South East. The area north of Old Street is Hoxton, and this is usually lumped in with Shoreditch as well.

None of it is brilliantly served by public transport, but Old Street tube (Northern Line) and Liverpool Street Station (Bakerloo, Circle and Hammersmith & City Lines) get you fairly close.

My English is not to good, but I think he said; Shoreditch is a neighborhood where twats live.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    shoreditch=LES=mission=echo park.

there is good indian food nearby, however.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    heres a jtrouble top 10:

Detroit Executives - Just Say You Love Me C/U
    The Unknown Band - You Succeeded C/U
    Latin Breed - Sticks and Stones C/U
    Ike Strong - Your Love Keeps Me Dancing
    Black Bird - Sunshine OF Yesterday's Breakfast C/U Dancing
    William Cummings - Make My Love A Hurting Thing
    King Earnest - You're Gonna Miss Me
    Victoria Williams & J D Lead Better - Show Some Sign
    Ella Fitzgerald - Get Ready
    Little John - Just Wait And See (I'm doing a Beaver here, it's in the post)

do exact reissues of all these!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

The "Shoreditch Twat" is a species well-documented in England, but particularly in London and London-centric media. As the yuppie was to the 80s, the Shoreditch Twat is to the noughties. Young, usually over-paid, almost 99.9% of the time male, the Shoreditch Twat works in sound-engineering, or I.T., or for some independent fashion mag. Emphasis is on the fashion, or lack of it, as the Shoreditch Twat can be easily spotted in and around London wearing a 'trendy-mullet', as in, not a red-neck's Billy Ray Sirus barnet, but something carefully sculped at Toni & Guy with hair gel and a quiff for $100 and looking considerably worse for the care and attention given to such a stupid hair-style.

Fashions change, and the latest look at London's up-and-coming talent has been a hilarious TV show called "Nathan Barley", about a Shoreditch Twat who is so annoying you want to kill him. The concept may sound a bit duff, but it works, although will probably never see release Stateside (would need more than just subtitles), but I'm sure some kind of New York cloning of the format is in process.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Nathan Barley was a frequently featured character on the excellent tvgohome.co.uk that no longer exists as far as I know. It was a spoof TV guide for the UK featuring inane reality shows and upitsownarse art shows. Nathan was usually the producer of some pointless postmodern docu-drama he was shooting on Hi-8.

My favorite line was something like "Nathan goes home to his parents to discuss which career he will try next." Twat.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Shoreditch = Williamsburg