Traveling with your MPC?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Sup..Can anyone recomend a good flight case for an MPC? What should I look for? Anything I should be aware of when checking it in at the airport?regardsP.Travels

Comments

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

• But will you wear to your gigs at Fluid?

HEY NOW! HOT SOUP!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    They used to make me plug in and turn on the SP1200.

As for carrying cases, I had some kind of "Guitar Center Special" that hella hurt my hands. Unless you got some gruff ass calluses then you don't want that.

But will you wear to your gigs at Fluid?

HEY NOW! HOT SOUP!

I can't even begin to decipher the hidden message in this "sentence."

How was LA cupcake?

• But what will you wear to your gigs at Fluid?

HEY NOW! HOT SOUP!

I can't even begin to decipher the hidden message in this "sentence."

How was LA cupcake?

peep above

2). L.A.? check the announcements

• which mpc do you have? are you looking to carry it on or check it?

• which mpc do you have? are you looking to carry it on or check it?

mpc 2000. I need it to take to Japan.

2). L.A.? check the announcements

Done and done. Sooo....how was it?

• i got a case for my xl, its a soft case with foam on the inside..got it for like 50-60 a few years ago..works nicely.but ive never taken it on a plane before..if you were going to use this same case i would carry it on and not check it.

lemme see if i can find a link for it.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    can't you ask for one in your "rider" for your shows in Japan? I'm sure it doesn't cost much for them to rent one. Lot less hassle than trying to carry that shit back to the hotel room after drinking too much vending machine sake.

• can't you ask for one in your "rider" for your shows in Japan? I'm sure it doesn't cost much for them to rent one. Lot less hassle than trying to carry that shit back to the hotel room after drinking too much vending machine sake.

well it's more of me getting it on the flying metal bird to Japan. but yo..that's a good idea.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I need one too. Real quick. I hit the road in a week.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Ive been using a standars turntable case for the last 2 years and it's been fine through all plane trips, loading/unloading from vans etc. just stuff a couple t-shirts in there to snug it up and your set.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    look up www.multi-caisses.com Dudes have cases available for every line of MPC's.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

dudes. DUDES. If you are really looking for something that will withstand just about anything, check out the Pelican cases. A little on the heavy/pricey side, but they are super bomb-proof and ATA approved if I remember correctly.

http://www.pelican.com/

You can tear out the eggcrate foam innard to make a custom fit for your gear (did it for my SP 1200)...waterproof, megasturdy. Photo dudes swear by them. If you're in SF, you can check them out in person at the photo spot down on Second and Howard/Mission--Adolph Gasser or something? Just be sure to get the correct size for your gear since they have about 50,000 different styles.