Boscoe

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Besides Asscrok's fluke $5 buy it now....Is this the first time it's been listed?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4867259592

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Is "stonecold_greasy_be_easy_best_believe_me_ho"

Ur Nic for the moment?

HA.. I wonder who else is bidding.

Bid History

"worldsgreatestcollectro"

"cantbeoutbid"

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Wait, don't you have it already? There was a $1,000 buy it now a couple weeks ago. My favorite searches picked it up and it was gone when I clicked on it.

DJ Ferrari

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Wait, don't you have it already? There was a $1,000 buy it now a couple weeks ago. My favorite searches picked it up and it was gone when I clicked on it.

DJ Ferrari

I'd take two of this. I doubt my bid will hold though.

This is what they call "tag" bidding.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I Have one in the same condition and would seriously consider $400 for it!

I would seriously consider paying $400 for it!

I would seriously consider paying $400 for it!

I'm going to go home to tonight and consider it. I've gotten back into playing music again and have GAS (Gear Aquisation Syndrom). So, I am selling a lot of my raers. There is a person who would kill me if I didn't sell it to him but i doubt he's got 4 bills.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Raj, you did notice that record is up to $455 in less than 3 hours of being listed right?

Raj, you did notice that record is up to $455 in less than 3 hours of being listed right?

EEk. The new eBay layout has me all confused... Gonna have to start the bidding on my copy at $450

• Raj, you did notice that record is up to $455 in less than 3 hours of being listed right?

All Strutters by the looks of the User IDs......

EEk. The new eBay layout has me all confused... Gonna have to start the bidding on my copy at $450

I'll give you $450 for your copy.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'll give you $300 cash plus a Tascam 24x8 board. I'll even drive it down to you.

Haha... the heatrock style auction begins

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    it's been up before. some guy had it at a $500 starting bid but he took it down mid way.

this record definatly rising due to the soulstrut factor.

oh and i still can't get into it.

Apparently, a well known strutter was at a shop in Japan that had a whole bin of these sealed at $200/pop. I wanted to send Sheep over there to buy me a few copies, but said person never noted the name of the place. The mystery remains.

Dude... 99% of the folks on soulstrut cannot afford this record.

It was valuable long before "realheadz".

it's been up before. some guy had it at a $500 starting bid but he took it down mid way.

oh and i still can't get into it.

But you're the tepid master so it makes sense that you can't get into the "raw".

Apparently, a well known strutter was at a shop in Japan that had a whole bin of these sealed at $200/pop. I wanted to send Sheep over there to buy me a few copies, but said person never noted the name of the place. The mystery remains.

Whaaaat? Who saw this?

I'm headed to Japan next month.........Who/where?

A Chicago strutter Im'd me a few years a go and told me DG had it in stunning condition for $150. He being broke at the time urged me to buy it so he could rip it. His rips are the one's floating around today (to the best of my knowledge).

This will probably never see a proper re-issue and it's a solid record to boot.

A Chicago strutter Im'd me a few years a go and told me DG had it in stunning condition for $150.

DG also had Ambassadors for $60 around the same time. Not exactly an accurate price guage.

I was hearing about this record as a

well before it was uploaded here, that's for sure.

I heard that Hefty Records in Chi-town was re-issuing it though, no?

I heard that Hefty Records in Chi-town was re-issuing it though, no?

Maybe. Dante has been on the case for a long time and he told me the drummer is not interested.

• DeanDean 14 Posts
    The interesting thing about this is that there are definately copies around. I bought mine from Soul Jazz in 1990, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there only copy. Gerald also has a copy - in fact Gerald was the one who tipped me off that it was a bit of a pricey one about four years back. i'd have probably sold it for a ??50 if someone had asked me til that point.
    Then again Stuart at Soul Jazz was the person who told me at the time that 'just because we have a couple of boxes of this record it doesn't mean that its not rare'

The interesting thing about this is that there are definately copies around. I bought mine from Soul Jazz in 1990, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there only copy. Gerald also has a copy - in fact Gerald was the one who tipped me off that it was a bit of a pricey one about four years back. i'd have probably sold it for a ??50 if someone had asked me til that point.
    Then again Stuart at Soul Jazz was the person who told me at the time that 'just because we have a couple of boxes of this record it doesn't mean that its not rare'

the sound of Bizzo withdrawing his bid

So this was 16 years ago then?

the sound of Bizzo withdrawing his bid

The next Bizzo started thread "Are there copies of Boscoe floating around?"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Had this in the Walkman this morning, coincidentally enough for this thread and the one about Walkmen:

Carry on.

• DeanDean 14 Posts
    Yes

don't get me wrong I'm not saying that this isn't rare, just how things dry up.

I know of 5 copies for sale on eBay within the past 2 years. Most of those have been in sketchy condition and didn't exceed $100. Then there was the crazy swede at $1000. It's really up in the air. But the ss factor will make you pay!

dude you can have my Les Paul Studio too. Gibson, not Epiphone!

• I know of 5 copies for sale on eBay within the past 2 years. Most of those have been in sketchy condition and didn't exceed $100. Then there was the crazy swede at $1000. It's really up in the air. But the ss factor will make you pay!