I will be in SAN DIEGO for like less than 24 hours

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
... TOMORROW. I would love to see some of my folks come through and hang out. Already talked to Dizzy today. We should have a little thing. I'm not really gonna be able to "hang" because it's kind of hectic but nonetheless get a little impromptu jumpoff would be the move. You have to RSVP HERE to come through my spot but it's free and should be pretty cool.Can I get a holler back on some role call shit?

Comments

• I'll be there....

• Cosmo, have you spun with Primo lately, I was just wondering if he is playing the same stuff he's been playing the last couple of years. Might have to cut the night short if he is.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Dammitt Cosmo, when you coming out to Phoenix?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

Yeah.. Hot groupie gurls in Scottsdale are waiting...

Will bring new meaning to "Off like a prom dress"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cosmo, have you spun with Primo lately, I was just wondering if he is playing the same stuff he's been playing the last couple of years. Might have to cut the night short if he is.

There was all these horror stories about him as a DJ but I got to tell you, not because he's a super cool dude. We spun together in Atlanta last Tuesday and dude ripped it. As much as people want to hate and whatnot dude is the man. Think about all those dope Primo productions that he's had over the past 15 years and his set consists of him just RIPPING through his back catalog like a motherfucker. Now if I was at the club trying to get my shit off, most of the time when "DJ RunOfTheMill" does his safe golden era hip-hop set I find that shit mad boring but on the strength when it;s a dude like Primo doing it it makes perfect sense and it's the type of thing that like if anyone is gonna play this stuff then HE'S gonna play it, dig me? Seriously though that's my dude.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

May 22nd I'll be in Tempe. Also the night before in Albequerque. My show lineup for the next few months

I dunno if my girl will really want to hear about those groupies though...

• Cosmo, have you spun with Primo lately, I was just wondering if he is playing the same stuff he's been playing the last couple of years. Might have to cut the night short if he is.

There was all these horror stories about him as a DJ but I got to tell you, not because he's a super cool dude. We spun together in Atlanta last Tuesday and dude ripped it. As much as people want to hate and whatnot dude is the man. Think about all those dope Primo productions that he's had over the past 15 years and his set consists of him just RIPPING through his back catalog like a motherfucker. Now if I was at the club trying to get my shit off, most of the time when "DJ RunOfTheMill" does his safe golden era hip-hop set I find that shit mad boring but on the strength when it;s a dude like Primo doing it it makes perfect sense and it's the type of thing that like if anyone is gonna play this stuff then HE'S gonna play it, dig me? Seriously though that's my dude.

Agreed, I wasn't trying to dog him out or anything, anyone that knows me knows that I am one of dude's biggest fans. It is just that if he is playing stuff like the rock set I've heard him play, I gotta be out early. I gotta work early the next morning and going out on Tuesday night for me is really tough. That being said, I spoke with Primo very briefly once and he was cool to me so he get's the utmost respect!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    On a MONDAY? ARGH. I'll do my best to make it. I'm sure it'll be a dope show.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Saying, I know schedule's tight but you should roll by the record spot if you're out and about. Diz and I both live like a block away, it's pretty low key. I'm working 12-8 Tues and Weds. But yeah, I'll try to be at the show, I've gotta juggle that with a gig I've got going that night as well. Holler.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Oh that would be nice to go peep out but man my bedtime is an hour after it starts I might not make it back home in time.... But for LUNCH, I can make it!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    COSMO!

Cas and I will be there, but it will be on the early side of things. 9-10:30 -ish. Look for us, I will be looking for you.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Fucking shit, ese.... this might be hard for me to pull off (work night, hoLmes)...

But I RSVP'd anyways just because it would be cool to see you again (pasue).

I'll call you later this evening to see what you are up to....