Trans Europe Express Excavation Extravaganza

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
After visiting Germany, Holland and Belgium I am back with a healthy batch of fresh tunes. Went to Cologne, Frankfurt, Freiburg, Duisburg, Dusseldorf, Utrecht, Delft, Amsterdam, Den Bosch, Rotterdam, Leiden, Antwerp and Brussels. Went to loads of record shops, one flea market and one record fair.Here are some snaps of my finds and of Utrecht.The first 3 photos are all spares, pm if interested.The next 4 are keepers.There is a funny story atatched to the photo of Pokester and myself with the guy in the red jacket. The DJ at Utrecht announced that Oscar Harris was about to get up and perform a live version of Relax Before Doing Sex, anyway, Steve and I saw this guy in the red jacket behind the DJ both and naturally assumed that this was Oscar Harris so we approached him and politely asked Mr harris if we could have a photo with him. He looked confused but obliged. Moments later a guy gets up on stage who weighs about 9 stone and starts performing. Turns out we had a photo with Big Jon Russell!!Next photo shows an old buddy of mine Lee from Amsterdam with DJ Spinna(I think??)Next there is Percy and Pesa (Swiss digger from Soulstrut.) Percy used to sell records on the pavement outside the jazz cafe many moons ago.Next up is Pesa with two expensive purchases of his!!!Finally is Tim (Coffinjoe from Soulstrut) who was selling reggae and is a top guy.This was the first time in about 3 years that I had been to Utrecht and it has changed a little. It is definitely smaller, maybe a third of the size I remember but there were still lots of goodies there and bargains to be had.I am unable to host the photos here, unless someone can help???Here is a link to the VinylVulture website where you can see my snaps.http://www.vinylvulture.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8530Feel free to ask any questions about the records shown if they are not clear in the photos

Comments

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    The following pics are some of my finds:

These are spares I picked up, feel free to ask any questions.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'm interested in the Casey & the Pressure Group... you looking for cash or trades?

DJ Ferrari

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    I'm after either, pm me with a trades list or a cash offer.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Is that Chubby's 'psych' record??

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Yes this is Chubby's psych record. Pm me with trades or cash offer if interested and I'll get back to you.