Pearl Jam On SNL.

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
So did anyone catch this last night?First appearance in just days over 12 years. just a week after cobain's suicide. eddie wore a handwritten K over his heart. i was 13 yrs old. pretty emotional appearance.i'm sure they went back to snl because they are no longer on epic so they need all the promo they can get. the new tracks, im sure, will grow on me.I love them, so I'm highly biased. Their musicianship is highly commendable. I'll be catching them in may with my lil bro, who's 13. only the second time i've seen them. first for him.

Comments

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Not sure if they'll be there for your leg of the tour in May, but My Morning Jacket is opening shows for Pearl Jam...they are an excellent band that i would definately reccomend if you aren't familiar. One of their earlier albums, At Dawn, has been in constant rotation with me for a long time.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the name is verr familiar. i will def check them out. that is if they are gonna be here.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Wasn't Eddie Vedder in the nutty professor?

I never got into pearl jam, im a huge nirvana head, but pearl jam didnt do much for me aside from that yellow ledbetter tune, that's a great track, im off to dl it.

Wasn't Eddie Vedder in the nutty professor?
    he was in Singles.

nirvana is another favorite of mine as well. a very infamous demo of theirs is about to surface. the fecal matter demo. the earliest nirvana material known to exist. some dude at nirvanalive posted up clips. the nirvana bootleg community is very strange and protective. it's from around 85.

courtney recently gsve up her share of the nirvana legacy. alot of stuff should start to come out.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    LOL at Pearl Jam!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Not sure if they'll be there for your leg of the tour in May, but My Morning Jacket is opening shows for Pearl Jam...they are an excellent band that i would definately reccomend if you aren't familiar. One of their earlier albums, At Dawn, has been in constant rotation with me for a long time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000065CWL/002-4115356-7972846?v=glance&n=5174

Make sure to pick this up, if your a MMJ fan, Cobra is the shitt.
    Hometown bros.

LOL at Pearl Jam!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

courtney recently gsve up her share of the nirvana legacy. alot of stuff should start to come out.

I am extremely excited about this. I'm not too interested in early nirvana as much as i'm interested in later nirvana. have you heard the kurt demo track "do re mi"? some say it was one of the last songs that kurt did, and was one of the more happy sounding stuff. reminds me of parts of "hate myself and want to die" which was suposed to be on in utero but they pulled it

here's more info on the song.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Re_Mi_(Nirvana)

here's the song:
    http://download.yousendit.com/2F54F6804791658D

the acoustic home demo was on the boxset. is this something different?
    i wish there was more later recordings but i think we pretty much heard most of it. what could of been kills me, because kurt wanted to go in different directions, and his musical influences are crazy diverse, so who knows?