Inadvertant connect to loc. black experience (LWR)

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I DJ'd a party tonight, mostly playing newer hiphop. Overall it went great, the place was packed, the hosts were happy, and they said I got lots of compliments on my spinning, and I played almost all the requests I received.However, I got two requests for Lil Wayne, which I regrettably did not have with me. Although I thought "Go DJ" was one of the lousiest singles ever, his latest one I like a lot. Anyway, one chick was very disappointed that I didn't have his songs, but gave me this advice:"The next time you DJ for black people, make sure to have Lil Wayne. WE LOVE HIM. He's small. And he went to art school." Sidenote: Another girl thought that Nivea's "Like It Like It That" was too slow to dance to, and requested something that was faster and thus more danceable. When I asked for specifics, after much deliberation she finally settled on the ultra-speedy "Whisper Song" as her choice for a more upbeat number.

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Being only 1/2 black myself, I only like Lil Wayne when he's chopped and screwed.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Although I thought "Go DJ" was one of the lousiest singles ever, his latest one I like a lot.

I hope you're talking about "Hustler Muzik", which is okay... "Fireman" was just plain terrible

"Go DJ" was fucking fire

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I loved fireman. Hustler music is also dope, but not in a club.