Will there ever be another L-boogie album?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Do you care? I personally hold miseducation up as one of the best albums of its time, and even though it took me a minute to get into it, the raw songs on her unplugged cd were still pretty crazy. Probably not everyones cup of tea, but I was wondering if you guys would be checking for a new lp if it dropped? That portishead thread got me thinking. Man, what if it comes out and its another kanye produced neo-soul mishmash snoozefest like the latest common album? If thats what it comes down to I think id rather see her just raise her kids and do the occasional bob marley tribute concert in Africa or some shit. What do yall think?

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    lauryn Hill? Anybody? Damn.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    didn't she disappear into her own navel a while back?

raising the messiah can take alot out of a woman I suppose...

---

• What was that song where she's talking about needing reciprocity in the chorus? One of my girlfriends in high school had that album on heavy rotation whaen it came out, and I always liked that song. Is the album on LP? I'd assume its cutout bin fodder if it is. That said, putting her in all the "greatest rapper" discussions-which I'm fully aware are pointless horseshit-seems a tad ridiculous.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Probably not given the current situation - and maybe she only had one album in her - it ain't hard to imagine that if you've stored all those creative impulses that you unveil on your debut, it's hard (potentially impossible) to marshall up the same energies for subsequent efforts...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What do yall think?

She's done.

Besides, even if you did like her first album, the fact that she has now thoroughly alienated her ghostwriters/producers ensures that she won't come with anything comparable.

Or did you miss her emperor-has-no-clothes MTV performance?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    The media was reporting earlier this year that she was going back into the studio with Kanye...Gossiping stylists reported two weekends ago that she doesn't shake hands with people "so your negative energy won't be transferred" to her.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Gossiping stylists reported

Gossiping stylists is one of the things I miss most about living in NYC - where else are you gonna hear stories about DMX smoking crack, Jah Rule with a tranny on his lap at a gay club & what it's like to apply makeup to Giselle Bundchen's ass...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    she doesn't shake hands with people "so your negative energy won't be transferred" to her.

What do yall think?

She's done.

Besides, even if you did like her first album, the fact that she has now thoroughly alienated her ghostwriters/producers ensures that she won't come with anything comparable.

I thought her unplugged performance was dope. ANd I dont believe she has ghostwriters. Probably a crew of producers, but come on, thats dime a dozen.

What do yall think?

She's done.

I thought her unplugged performance was dope. ANd I dont believe she has ghostwriters. Probably a crew of producers, but come on, thats dime a dozen.

I will give you that she may well be reponsible for her own *snicker* "lyrics"...

What do yall think?

She's done.

I will give you that she may well be reponsible for her own *snicker* "lyrics"...

You are such a hater. haha. I imagine you're also surprised to see that she has male fans?

What do yall think?

She's done.

You are such a hater. haha. I imagine you're also surprised to see that she has male fans?

She does?

What do yall think?

She's done.

She does?

I dunno, mabye just me. Whatever, Ill go listen to something suitably macho gangster now.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont care.
    Miseducation is a bonafide classic.You'll hear that played at
    the family picnic in ten years. Safe soulfull fusion.

I dont care.

finally, someone agrees.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont care.

finally, someone agrees.

I agrre but she doesnt need to come back.

• I dont care.

finally, someone agrees.

I personally still eagerly anticipate her newest album. It's hard to live up to that kind of an album, but maybe she's just slow at it. Damn, doesn't d'angelo take 8 years an LP, and Sade too. She's a great lyricist and singer. I used to just fastforward to her parts on the Score. Hate all you want, I still can't wait.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

What do yall think?

She's done.

Sorry I missed this yesterday.

I was a fan of the solo LP, then I saw her self-obsessed, just-plain-amateur-hour "performance" that MTV managed to hobble together as an "Unplugged" episode...terrible. I couldn't believe they released that, let alone as a 2 CD set, and you are the first person I have ever heard call it "dope". If I had paid $$ to see that I woulda been pissed. At least when I saw her on her "miseducation" tour she had a great band and was really entertaining.

I think she has lost touch, but I hope she can get with someone who can get some decent performances out of her, and an arranger for her songs(I don't think she has the first idea about how to get a song together and ready for the radio). I am rooting for her, but I don't hold out much hope for any further classics from her.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I think she has lost touch

I think things went bad when she married a Marley and had all those kids at such a young age. She thought she was gonna raise a 'Messiah' - but she spent the last few years of her young life changing diapers while her man is 'effin other women. (Listen to the lyrics on Unplugged - she hints at this.) And y'all heard about that shit with 'Brother X' dude as her 'advisor' right? Here's a couple clips from a few weeks ago. Anyway - my prediction?

She's gonna be FIAH in 2006. (... seriously)

What do yall think?

She's done.

Sorry I missed this yesterday.

I was a fan of the solo LP, then I saw her self-obsessed, just-plain-amateur-hour "performance" that MTV managed to hobble together as an "Unplugged" episode...terrible. I couldn't believe they released that, let alone as a 2 CD set, and you are the first person I have ever heard call it "dope". If I had paid $$ to see that I woulda been pissed. At least when I saw her on her "miseducation" tour she had a great band and was really entertaining.

I think she has lost touch, but I hope she can get with someone who can get some decent performances out of her, and an arranger for her songs(I don't think she has the first idea about how to get a song together and ready for the radio). I am rooting for her, but I don't hold out much hope for any further classics from her.

That unplugged performance was dope man. Yes its totally raw, and its hard to get past that, but its also really sincere and I think its pretty brilliant at times.

So you know, whatever. I wouldnt expect any polished pop album from her at this point, but I just think she speaks on real things, and I like that.

I do hope though that she realizes that she needs a good producer and doesnt try to slop something together herself on some total ego stroke shit.

Just not kanye! please!