Friday Triva Contest

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Ok...As I said in the Bored at Work thread, I am bored at work.So, to spice up the day, here is some trivia...first correct PM to me will win something. I haven't decided, but it will either be a book or a record, because I could stand to get rid of some of both.Name the four Colleges or Universities that have produced BOTH a Super Bowl winning Quarterback as well as a U.S. President. (If you can get the universities, you should also be able to tell me the Presidents and Quarterbacks.)Have at it.

Comments

• Ok...As I said in the Bored at Work thread, I am bored at work.

So, to spice up the day, here is some trivia...first correct PM to me will win something. I haven't decided, but it will either be a book or a record, because I could stand to get rid of some of both.

Name the four Colleges or Universities that have produced BOTH a Super Bowl winning Quarterback as well as a U.S. President. (If you can get the universities, you should also be able to tell me the Presidents and Quarterbacks.)

Have at it.

WE HAVE A WINNER! Next time you see Goatboy, buy him a beer.

If anyone else is still messing with this, I'll wait a half hour to post the answer.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Ok...As I said in the Bored at Work thread, I am bored at work.

So, to spice up the day, here is some trivia...first correct PM to me will win something. I haven't decided, but it will either be a book or a record, because I could stand to get rid of some of both.

Name the four Colleges or Universities that have produced BOTH a Super Bowl winning Quarterback as well as a U.S. President. (If you can get the universities, you should also be able to tell me the Presidents and Quarterbacks.)

Have at it.

If anyone else is still messing with this, I'll wait a half hour to post the answer.

Are you only counting starting qbs because I only get 2 universities. If you're talking full rosters then this question is silly.

• Ok...As I said in the Bored at Work thread, I am bored at work.

Have at it.

Are you only counting starting qbs because I only get 2 universities. If you're talking full rosters then this question is silly.

All the QBs are starters and household names. No tricks.

• All I could come up with off the top of my head was Michigan--Tom Brady/Gerald Ford.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Add Stanford- Plunkett and Elway-Herbert Hoover

I gotta go to work who else is there.

• All I could come up with off the top of my head was Michigan--Tom Brady/Gerald Ford.

That's one of the four...Bob Griese also went there.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Foul Griese went to Purdue his son, Brian, went to Michigan.

That's one of the four...Bob Griese also went there.

And probably the only one where the President in question was actually a star football player

• Foul Griese went to Purdue his son, Brian, went to Michigan.

Stand corrected. My bad...Question still holds, though.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I just saw where Carter went to school so that adds a third.

• And the answers are:

Michigan- Gerald Ford/ Tom Brady
    Stanford- Herbert Hoover/ Jim Plunkett & John Elway
    Naval Academy- Jimmy Carter/ Roger Staubach

and, this year's entry...

Miami University (Ohio)- Benjamin Harrison/ Ben Roethlisberger

Thanks y'all for playing.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Awesome!!!! Triva is good next time how about 4 quarterbacks college and NFL found on SoulStrut????

Phil Most
    Big Chan
    Mangoman

and????

Fonzee!!! Ayeeeee!!!!!